Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Annika B. Bergbauer & Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2018. "Testing," NBER Working Papers 24836, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bergbauer, Annika B. & Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2018. "Testing," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 122, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Bergbauer, Annika B. & Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2018. "Testing," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 392, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Michela Braga & Daniele Checchi & Elena Meschi, 2013. "Educational policies in a long-run perspective," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 28(73), pages 45-100, January.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2005.
"Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 151-184, February.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2000. "Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools," NBER Working Papers 7831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas S. Dee & Brian Jacob, 2011.
"The impact of no Child Left Behind on student achievement,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 418-446, June.
- Thomas Dee & Brian Jacob, 2009. "The Impact of No Child Left Behind on Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 15531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burgess, Simon & Wilson, Deborah & Worth, Jack, 2013. "A natural experiment in school accountability: The impact of school performance information on pupil progress," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 57-67.
- Tahir Andrabi & Jishnu Das & Asim Ijaz Khwaja, 2017. "Report Cards: The Impact of Providing School and Child Test Scores on Educational Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 107(6), pages 1535-1563, June.
- Bishop, John H, 1997. "The Effect of National Standards and Curriculum-Based Exams on Achievement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 260-264, May.
- O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), 1999. "Handbook of Labor Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 3, number 3.
- John Bishop & Ludger Wossmann, 2004.
"Institutional Effects in a Simple Model of Educational Production,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 17-38.
- Wößmann, Ludger & Bishop, John H., 2001. "Institutional Effects in a Simple Model of Educational Production," Kiel Working Papers 1085, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bishop, John H. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2002. "Institutional Effects in a Simple Model of Educational Production," IZA Discussion Papers 484, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bishop, John H. & Wößmann, Ludger, 2004. "Institutional effects in a simple model of educational production," Munich Reprints in Economics 20279, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Bishop, John H. & Ludger Woessmann, 2002. "Institutional Effects in a Simple Model of Educational Production," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 29, Royal Economic Society.
- David J. Deming & Sarah Cohodes & Jennifer Jennings & Christopher Jencks, 2016.
"School Accountability, Postsecondary Attainment, and Earnings,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 98(5), pages 848-862, December.
- David J. Deming & Sarah Cohodes & Jennifer Jennings & Christopher Jencks, 2013. "School Accountability, Postsecondary Attainment and Earnings," NBER Working Papers 19444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Avinash Dixit, 2002. "# Incentives and Organizations in the Public Sector: An Interpretative Review," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(4), pages 696-727.
- Raj Chetty & John N. Friedman & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2017. "Measuring the Impacts of Teachers: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 107(6), pages 1685-1717, June.
- Balart, Pau & Oosterveen, Matthijs & Webbink, Dinand, 2018. "Test scores, noncognitive skills and economic growth," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 134-153.
- Gianni De Fraja & Tania Oliveira & Luisa Zanchi, 2010.
"Must Try Harder: Evaluating the Role of Effort in Educational Attainment,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(3), pages 577-597, August.
- De Fraja, Gianni & Oliveira, Tania & Zanchi, Luisa, 2005. "Must Try Harder. Evaluating the Role of Effort in Educational Attainment," CEPR Discussion Papers 5048, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bishop, J., 1997. "The Effect of national Standards and Curriculum-Based Exams on Achievement," Papers 97-01, Cornell - Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies.
- David Orr, 1999. "Book," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 3(4), pages 155-156, October.
More about this item
Keywordsstudent assessment; testing; accountability; student achievement; international; PISA;
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LTV-2018-09-10 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-URE-2018-09-10 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11683. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.