Competition and Regulation Via Supply and Demand Functions in Oligopolistic-Oligopsonistic Markets
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Bulut, Harun & Koray, Semih, 2008. "Competition and Regulation via Supply and Demand Functions in Oligopolistic-Oligopsonistic Markets," Working Papers 6136, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Engelbrecht-Wiggans & Charles M. Kahn, 1998. "Multi-unit auctions with uniform prices," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(2), pages 227-258.
- Grant, Simon & Quiggin, John, 1996.
"Capital Precommitment and Competition in Supply Schedules,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(4), pages 427-441, December.
- Grant, S. & Quiggin, J., 1994. "Capital Recommitment and Competition in Supply Schedules," Papers 280, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Bolle, Friedel, 2001. "Competition with supply and demand functions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 253-277, May.
- David Lucking-Reiley & John A. List, 2000.
"Demand Reduction in Multiunit Auctions: Evidence from a Sportscard Field Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 961-972, September.
- John List & David Lucking-Reiley, 2000. "Demand Reduction in Multiunit Auctions: Evidence from a Sportscard Field Experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00520, The Field Experiments Website.
- Swinkels, Jeroen M, 2001. "Efficiency of Large Private Value Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(1), pages 37-68, January.
- Green, Richard J, 1996. "Increasing Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 205-216, June.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "Nash Equilibrium and the Industrial Organization of Markets with Large Fixed Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1149-1172, September.
- Bolle, Friedel, 1992. "Supply function equilibria and the danger of tacit collusion : The case of spot markets for electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 94-102, April.
- Kai-Uwe Kuhn, 1997. "Nonlinear Pricing in Vertically Related Duopolies," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(1), pages 37-62, Spring.
- Grant, Simon & Quiggin, John, 1994. "Nash equilibrium with mark-up-pricing oligopolists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 245-251, June.
- Robert Wilson, 1977. "A Bidding Model of Perfect Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 511-518.
- Laussel, Didier, 1992.
"Strategic Commercial Policy Revisited: A Supply-Function Equilibrium Model,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 84-99, March.
- Laussel, D., 1990. "Strategic Commercial Policy Revisited: A Supply Function Equilibrium Model," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 90a05, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Robert Wilson, 1979. "Auctions of Shares," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 675-689.
- Sexton, Richard J. & Lavoie, Nathalie, 2001. "Food processing and distribution: An industrial organization approach," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 863-932 Elsevier.
- Green, Richard J & Newbery, David M, 1992.
"Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 929-953, October.
- Green, Richard & Newbery, David M G, 1991. "Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 557, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Loeb, Martin & Magat, Wesley A, 1979. "A Decentralized Method for Utility Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 399-404, October.
- Rustichini, Aldo & Satterthwaite, Mark A & Williams, Steven R, 1994.
"Convergence to Efficiency in a Simple Market with Incomplete Information,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1041-1063, September.
- Aldo Rustichini, 1992. "Convergence to Efficiency in a Simple Market with Incomplete Information," Discussion Papers 995, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Klemperer, Paul D & Meyer, Margaret A, 1989. "Supply Function Equilibria in Oligopoly under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1243-1277, November.
- Plott, Charles R, 1982.
"Industrial Organization Theory and Experimental Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 1485-1527, December.
- Plott, Charles R., "undated". "Industrial Organization Theory and Experimental Economics," Working Papers 405, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bulut, Harun, 2016. "Economic Design for the Supply Side of Agricultural Insurance Markets," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236008, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsbuyer power; demand function equilibria; double auction; oligopoly; oligopsony; supply function equilibria.;
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2008-04-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2008-04-29 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:12930. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.