Transitions in currency denomination structure as supply disruption and demand distortion: Efficiency, Effectiveness and Bullwhip
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Klee, Elizabeth, 2008. "How people pay: Evidence from grocery store data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 526-541, April.
- van Hove, Leo & Heyndels, Bruno, 1996. "On the optimal spacing of currency denominations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 547-552, May.
- Van Hove, Leo, 2001. "Optimal Denominations for Coins and Bank Notes: In Defense of the Principle of Least Effort," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(4), pages 1015-1021, November.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:6:y:2012:i:4:p:167-186 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 2004. "Comments on "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect"," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12_supple), pages 1887-1893, December.
- Massoud, Nadia, 2005. "How should Central Banks determine and control their bank note inventory?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 3099-3119, December.
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 2004. "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12_supple), pages 1875-1886, December.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Kippers, Jeanine, 2007. "An empirical analysis of euro cash payments," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1985-1997, November.
- Manjong Lee & Neil Wallace & Tao Zhu, 2005. "Modeling Denomination Structures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(3), pages 949-960, May.
- Parlar, Mahmut, 1997. "Continuous-review inventory problem with random supply interruptions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 366-385, June.
- Jeanine Kippers & Erjen Nierop & Richard Paap & Philip Hans Franses, 2003. "An Empirical Study of Cash Payments," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 57(4), pages 484-508.
- Ofonagoro, Walter I., 1979. "From Traditional to British Currency in Southern Nigeria: Analysis of a Currency Revolution, 1880–1948," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(03), pages 623-654, September.
- Telser, L. G., 1995. "Optimal denominations for coins and currency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 425-427, October.
- Cramer, J. S., 1983. "Currency by denomination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 299-303.
- Brian Tomlin, 2006. "On the Value of Mitigation and Contingency Strategies for Managing Supply Chain Disruption Risks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 639-657, May.
- Kamran Moinzadeh & Prabhu Aggarwal, 1997. "Analysis of a Production/Inventory System Subject to Random Disruptions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1577-1588, November.
- Boeschoten, Willem C & Fase, Martin M G, 1992. "The Demand for Large Bank Notes," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 319-337, August.
- Lu, Mengshi & Huang, Simin & Shen, Zuo-Jun Max, 2011. "Product substitution and dual sourcing under random supply failures," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1251-1265, September.
- Kohli, Ulrich, 1988. "A note on banknote characteristics and the demand for currency by denomination," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 389-399, September.
- Oke, Adegoke & Gopalakrishnan, Mohan, 2009. "Managing disruptions in supply chains: A case study of a retail supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 168-174, March.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iim:iimawp:14570. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eciimin.html .