My five pounds are not as good as yours, so I will spend them
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- van Hove, Leo & Heyndels, Bruno, 1996. "On the optimal spacing of currency denominations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 547-552, May.
- Manoj Thomas & Kalpesh Kaushik Desai & Satheeshkumar Seenivasan, 2011. "How Credit Card Payments Increase Unhealthy Food Purchases: Visceral Regulation of Vices," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 126-139.
- Bruce, Vicki & Gilmore, David & Mason, Lynn & Mayhew, Pamela, 1983. "Factors affecting the perceived value of coins," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-347, December.
- Cannon, Edmund & Cipriani, Giam Pietro, 2006. "Euro-Illusion: A Natural Experiment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1391-1403, August.
- Van Hove, Leo, 2001. "Optimal Denominations for Coins and Bank Notes: In Defense of the Principle of Least Effort," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(4), pages 1015-1021, November.
- Kooreman, Peter & Faber, Riemer P & Hofmans, Heleen M J, 2004.
"Charity Donations and the Euro Introduction: Some Quasi-Experimental Evidence on Money Illusion,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(6), pages 1121-1124, December.
- Kooreman, Peter & Faber, Riemer & Hofmans, Heleen, 2004. "Charity Donations and the Euro Introduction: Some Quasi-Experimental Evidence on Money Illusion," IZA Discussion Papers 1318, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manjong Lee & Neil Wallace & Tao Zhu, 2005. "Modeling Denomination Structures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(3), pages 949-960, May.
- Wynne, Mark A., 1997.
"More on optimal denominations for coins and currency,"
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 221-225, August.
- Wynne, Mark A., 1997. "More on optimal denominations for coins and currency," Working Papers 9702, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Telser, L. G., 1995. "Optimal denominations for coins and currency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 425-427, October.
- Furnham, Adrian, 1983. "Inflation and the estimated sizes of notes," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 349-352, December.
- Kohli, Ulrich, 1988. "A note on banknote characteristics and the demand for currency by denomination," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 389-399, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Runnemark, Emma & Hedman, Jonas & Xiao, Xiao, 2014. "Do Consumers Pay More Using Debit Cards than Cash? An Experiment," Working Papers 2014:21, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- David Fielding & Stephen Knowles, 2015.
"Can you spare some change for charity? Experimental evidence on verbal cues and loose change effects in a Dictator Game,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 18(4), pages 718-730, December.
- David Fielding & Stephen Knowles, 2013. "Can You Spare Some Change For Charity? Experimental Evidence On Verbal Cues And Loose Change Effects In A Dictator Game," Working Papers 1318, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2013.
- Junyi Shen & Hiromasa Takahashi, 2017.
"The tangibility effect of paper money and coins in an investment experiment,"
Economics and Business Letters,
Oviedo University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 1-5.
- Junyi Shen & Hiromasa Takahashi, 2015. "The Tangibility Effect of Paper Money and Coins in an Investment Experiment," Discussion Paper Series DP2015-41, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
More about this item
KeywordsField experiment; Currency denomination; Banknotes; Coins; C93;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:expeco:v:16:y:2013:i:4:p:546-559. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.