Does Society Win or Lose as a Result of Privatization? The Case of Water Sector Privatization in Colombia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Felipe Barrera‐Osorio & Mauricio Olivera & Carlos Ospino, 2009. "Does Society Win or Lose as a Result of Privatization? The Case of Water Sector Privatization in Colombia," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(304), pages 649-674, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blank, Rebecca M, 2000.
"When Can Public Policy Makers Rely on Private Markets? The Effective Provision of Social Services,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 34-49, March.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1999. "When Can Public Policy Makers Rely on Private Markets? The Effective Provision of Social Services," NBER Working Papers 7099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos Pombo & Manuel Ramirez, 2002.
"Privatization in Colombia: a plant performance analysis,"
Borradores de Investigación
003377, Universidad del Rosario.
- Carlos Pombo & Manuel Ramírez, 2003. "Privatization in Colombia: A Plant Performance Analysis," Research Department Publications 3151, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2004.
"Privatización en México,"
Research Department Publications
4374, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2004. "Privatization in Mexico," Research Department Publications 4373, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Chong, Alberto E. & López-de-Silanes, Florencio, 2011. "Privatization in Mexico," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1538, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Rama,Martin G., 1997. "Efficient public sector downsizing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1840, The World Bank.
- Marcela Meléndez & Andrés Gómez-Lobo Echeñique, 2007. "Social Policy, Regulation and Private Sector water supply: the case of Colombia," Working Papers wp252, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Checchi, Daniele & Florio, Massimo & Carrera, Jorge, 2005. "Privatization Discontent and Its Determinants: Evidence from Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 1587, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002.
"Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny,"
Research Department Publications
4303, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Panizza, Ugo & Lora, Eduardo, 2011. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4370, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," Research Department Publications 4301, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Daniele CHECCHI & Massimo FLORIO & Jorge CARRERA, 2004. "Privatization discontent and its determinants: evidence from Latin America," Departmental Working Papers 2004-23, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- AndrÈs GÛmez-Lobo & Dante Contreras, 2003. "Water Subsidy Policies: A Comparison of the Chilean and Colombian Schemes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 17(3), pages 391-407, December.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
- Philip Gray, 1997. "Colombia's Gradualist Approach to Private Participation in Infrastructure," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11587, The World Bank.
- Fabio Sánchez Torres & Michael Smart & Juan Gonzalo Zapata Giraldo, 2002.
"Intergovernmental transfers and municipal finance in Colombia,"
Informes de Investigación
- Juan Camilo Chaparro & Michael Smart & Juan Gonzola Zapata, 2004. "Intergovernmental Transfers and Municipal Finance in Colombia," International Tax Program Papers 0403, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Fiszbein, Ariel, 1997. "The Emergence of local capacity: Lessons from Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1029-1043, July.
- George R.G. Clarke & Katrina Kosec & Scott Wallsten, 2009.
"Has private participation in water and sewerage improved coverage? Empirical evidence from Latin America,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 327-361.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Kosec, Katrina & Wallsten, Scott, 2004. "Has private participation in water and sewerage improved coverage? - empirical evidence from Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3445, The World Bank.
- Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2005.
"Water for Life: The Impact of the Privatization of Water Services on Child Mortality,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 83-120, February.
- Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2002. "Water for Life: The Impact of the Privatization of Water Services on Child Mortality," Working Papers 54, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Sep 2005.
- Héctor Ochoa Díaz & Jaime Andrés Collazos Rodríguez, 2004. "La evaluación del desempeño de las empresas privatizadas en Colombia: ¿Coincide con la experiencia internacional?," Estudios Gerenciales, Universidad Icesi, December.
- Albert Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2004. "Privatization in Latin America: What Does the Evidence Say?," Economía Journal, The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 37-111, January.
- Bird, Richard M. & Smart, Michael, 2002. "Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers: International Lessons for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 899-912, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Panu Poutvaara, 2014. "Public-sector outsourcing," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 1-65, May.
- repec:spr:waterr:v:31:y:2017:i:8:d:10.1007_s11269-016-1495-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kosec, Katrina, 2014. "The child health implications of privatizing africa's urban water supply," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-19.
- Fernando Borraz & Nicolás González Pampillón & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2013. "Water Nationalization and Service Quality," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 27(3), pages 389-412.
- Kosec, Katrina, 2013. "The child health implications of privatizing Africaâ€™s urban water supply:," IFPRI discussion papers 1269, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diana Oliveros & Mauricio Mendoza, 2013. "¿Es la privatización la solución a los problemas de ineficiencia de las empresas públicas?: Revisión de la literatura," Revista Lebret, Universidad Santo Tomás - Bucaramanga, December.
- Fabio Sánchez Torres & Alexander Vega Carvajal, 2014. "Cobertura de Acueducto y Alcantarillado, Calidad del Agua y Mortalidad Infantil en Colombia, 2000-2012," Documentos CEDE 012228, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Fernando Borraz, 2011.
"Water nationalization: network access, quality, and health outcomes,"
201126, Latin American and Caribbean Environmental Economics Program, revised 2011.
- Fernando Borraz & Nicolas Gonzalez Pampillon & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2011. "Water Nationalization: network access, quality, and health outcomes," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 11051, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Borraz, Fernando & González, Nicolás & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2011. "Water Nationalization: network access, water quality, and health outcomes," CEPR Discussion Papers 8415, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fernando Borraz & Nicolás Gonzalez Pampillón & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2011. "Water nationalization: network access, quality, and health outcomes," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1811, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Godwin K. Vondolia & Francis Mensah Asenso-Boadi, 2016. "Private Sector Participation in the Provision of Quality Drinking Water in Urban Areas of Ghana: What Do Households Want and Can Afford?," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(2), pages 245-259, June.
- Calzada, Joan & Iranzo Sancho, Susana, 2012. "Neither Private nor Public: The Effects of Communal Provision of Water on Child Health in Peru," Working Papers 2072/196649, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:3230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felipe Herrera Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iadbbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.