Water nationalization and service quality
The objective of this paper is to explore the impact of Uruguay's privatization and subsequent nationalization of water services on network access and water quality. The results suggest that although the early privatization of water services had little impact on access to the sanitation network, the subsequent nationalization led to an increase in network access at the bottom of the income distribution as well as an improvement in water quality.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: http://www.worldbank.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Céline Nauges & Dale Whittington, 2010.
"Estimation of Water Demand in Developing Countries: An Overview,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 25(2), pages 263-294, August.
- NAUGES CÃ©line & WHITTINGTON Dale, 2008. "Estimation of Water Demand in Developing Countries: An Overview," LERNA Working Papers 08.20.264, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:119:y:2004:i:1:p:249-275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Papke, Leslie E. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Panel data methods for fractional response variables with an application to test pass rates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 121-133, July.
- Felipe Barrera-Osorio & Mauricio Olivera & Carlos Ospino, 2009.
"Does Society Win or Lose as a Result of Privatization? The Case of Water Sector Privatization in Colombia,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(304), pages 649-674, October.
- Mauricio Olivera & Felipe Barrera, 2007. "Does Society Win or Lose as a Result of Privatization? The Case of Water Sector Privatization in Colombia," Research Department Publications 3230, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- McKenzie, David, 2012.
"Beyond baseline and follow-up: The case for more T in experiments,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 210-221.
- McKenzie, David, 2011. "Beyond baseline and follow-up : the case for more t in experiments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5639, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.