The Similarity of Global Value Chains: A Network-Based Measure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Zhen Zhu & Greg Morrison & Michelangelo Puliga & Alessandro Chessa & Massimo Riccaboni, 2015. "The Similarity of Global Value Chains: A Network-Based Measure," Papers 1508.04392, arXiv.org.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcel P. Timmer & Erik Dietzenbacher & Bart Los & Robert Stehrer & Gaaitzen J. Vries, 2015. "An Illustrated User Guide to the World Input–Output Database: the Case of Global Automotive Production," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 575-605, August.
- Baldwin, Richard & Venables, Anthony J., 2013.
"Spiders and snakes: Offshoring and agglomeration in the global economy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 245-254.
- Baldwin, Richard & Venables, Anthony J, 2010. "Spiders and Snakes: Offshoring and Agglomeration in the Global Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8163, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Baldwin & Anthony Venables, 2010. "Spiders and snakes: offshoring and agglomeration in the global economy," NBER Working Papers 16611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Backer, Koen & Miroudot, Sébastien, 2014. "Mapping global value chains," Libros de la CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 37176, March.
- Richard Baldwin & Javier Lopez-Gonzalez, 2015.
"Supply-chain Trade: A Portrait of Global Patterns and Several Testable Hypotheses,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(11), pages 1682-1721, November.
- Richard Baldwin & Javier Lopez-Gonzalez, 2013. "Supply-Chain Trade: A Portrait of Global Patterns and Several Testable Hypotheses," NBER Working Papers 18957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard & Lopez-Gonzalez, Javier, 2013. "Supply-chain trade: A portrait of global patterns and several testable hypotheses," CEPR Discussion Papers 9421, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2002.
"Technological Regimes and the Growth of Networks: An Empirical Analysis,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 205-215, November.
- Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2001. "Technological Regimes and the Growth of Networks An Empirical Analysis," LEM Papers Series 2001/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Robert C. Johnson, 2014. "Five Facts about Value-Added Exports and Implications for Macroeconomics and Trade Research," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 119-142, Spring.
- Arnaud Costinot & Jonathan Vogel & Su Wang, 2013.
"An Elementary Theory of Global Supply Chains,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 80(1), pages 109-144.
- Su Wang & Jonathan Vogel & Arnaud Costinot, 2011. "An Elementary Theory of Global Supply Chains," 2011 Meeting Papers 95, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Arnaud Costinot & Jonathan Vogel & Su Wang, 2011. "An Elementary Theory of Global Supply Chains," NBER Working Papers 16936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arnaud Costinot & Jonathan E. Vogel & Su Wang, 2011. "An Elementary Theory of Global Supply Chains," CESifo Working Paper Series 3402, CESifo Group Munich.
- Massimo Riccaboni & Alessandro Rossi & Stefano Schiavo, 2013. "Global networks of trade and bits," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 8(1), pages 33-56, April.
- Neumayer, Eric & Plümper, Thomas, 2016. "W," Political Science Research and Methods, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 175-193, January.
- Yuqing Xing, 2014. "China's High-Tech Exports: The Myth and Reality," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 13(1), pages 109-123, Winter.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2014. "Global value chains: surveying drivers and measures," Working Paper Series 1739, European Central Bank.
- Judith M. Dean & K. C. Fung & Zhi Wang, 2011. "Measuring Vertical Specialization: The Case of China," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 609-625, September.
- Matthew Elliott & Benjamin Golub & Matthew O. Jackson, 2014. "Financial Networks and Contagion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(10), pages 3115-3153, October.
- Hummels, David & Ishii, Jun & Yi, Kei-Mu, 2001.
"The nature and growth of vertical specialization in world trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 75-96, June.
- David L. Hummels & Jun Ishii & Kei-Mu Yi, 1999. "The nature and growth of vertical specialization in world trade," Staff Reports 72, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Lü, Linyuan & Zhou, Tao, 2011. "Link prediction in complex networks: A survey," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(6), pages 1150-1170.
- J. Reichardt & D. R. White, 2007. "Role models for complex networks," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 60(2), pages 217-224, November.
- Tao Zhou & Linyuan Lü & Yi-Cheng Zhang, 2009. "Predicting missing links via local information," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 71(4), pages 623-630, October.
- Gene M. Grossman & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2008. "Trading Tasks: A Simple Theory of Offshoring," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1978-1997, December.
- Zhen Zhu & Federica Cerina & Alessandro Chessa & Guido Caldarelli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2014. "The rise of China in the international trade network: a community core detection approach," Working Papers 4/2014, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Apr 2014.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2014. "Global Value Chains: Surveying Drivers, Measures and Impacts," Working Papers w201403, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Arnold Tukker & Erik Dietzenbacher, 2013. "Global Multiregional Input-Output Frameworks: An Introduction And Outlook," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Johnson, Robert C. & Noguera, Guillermo, 2012. "Accounting for intermediates: Production sharing and trade in value added," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 224-236.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefano Costa & Federico Sallusti, 2016. "Message from an Italian bottleneck: inter-industry relationships and efficiency spillover," Working Papers LuissLab 16128, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
More about this item
KeywordsNetworks; Node Similarity; Input-Output Analysis; Global Value Chains; Vertical Specialization; International Trade;
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2015-11-01 (International Trade)
- NEP-NET-2015-11-01 (Network Economics)
- NEP-TID-2015-11-01 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ial:wpaper:9/2015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonardo Mezzina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emimtit.html .