Link prediction in complex networks: A survey
Link prediction in complex networks has attracted increasing attention from both physical and computer science communities. The algorithms can be used to extract missing information, identify spurious interactions, evaluate network evolving mechanisms, and so on. This article summaries recent progress about link prediction algorithms, emphasizing on the contributions from physical perspectives and approaches, such as the random-walk-based methods and the maximum likelihood methods. We also introduce three typical applications: reconstruction of networks, evaluation of network evolving mechanism and classification of partially labeled networks. Finally, we introduce some applications and outline future challenges of link prediction algorithms.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 390 (2011)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lambiotte, Renaud & Blondel, Vincent D. & de Kerchove, Cristobald & Huens, Etienne & Prieur, Christophe & Smoreda, Zbigniew & Van Dooren, Paul, 2008. "Geographical dispersal of mobile communication networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(21), pages 5317-5325.
- Elias G. Carayannis & Aris Kaloudis & Ã¥ge Mariussen, 2008. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Diversity in the Knowledge Economy and Society, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
- Leo Katz, 1953. "A new status index derived from sociometric analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 39-43, March.
- Zhang, Zi-Ke & Zhou, Tao & Zhang, Yi-Cheng, 2010. "Personalized recommendation via integrated diffusion on user–item–tag tripartite graphs," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(1), pages 179-186.
- Pan, Ying & Li, De-Hua & Liu, Jian-Guo & Liang, Jing-Zhang, 2010. "Detecting community structure in complex networks via node similarity," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(14), pages 2849-2857.
- B. J. Kim & A. Trusina & P. Minnhagen & K. Sneppen, 2005. "Self organized scale-free networks from merging and regeneration," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 369-372, 02.
- J. Reichardt & D. R. White, 2007. "Role models for complex networks," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 60(2), pages 217-224, November.
- M. T. Gastner & M. E.J. Newman, 2006. "The spatial structure of networks," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 247-252, 01.
- Wang, Yong-Li & Zhou, Tao & Shi, Jian-Jun & Wang, Jian & He, Da-Ren, 2009. "Empirical analysis of dependence between stations in Chinese railway network," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(14), pages 2949-2955.
- Tao Zhou & Linyuan Lü & Yi-Cheng Zhang, 2009. "Predicting missing links via local information," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 71(4), pages 623-630, October.
- Xie, Yan-Bo & Zhou, Tao & Wang, Bing-Hong, 2008. "Scale-free networks without growth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(7), pages 1683-1688.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:390:y:2011:i:6:p:1150-1170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.