Link prediction in complex networks: A survey
Link prediction in complex networks has attracted increasing attention from both physical and computer science communities. The algorithms can be used to extract missing information, identify spurious interactions, evaluate network evolving mechanisms, and so on. This article summaries recent progress about link prediction algorithms, emphasizing on the contributions from physical perspectives and approaches, such as the random-walk-based methods and the maximum likelihood methods. We also introduce three typical applications: reconstruction of networks, evaluation of network evolving mechanism and classification of partially labeled networks. Finally, we introduce some applications and outline future challenges of link prediction algorithms.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 390 (2011)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xie, Yan-Bo & Zhou, Tao & Wang, Bing-Hong, 2008. "Scale-free networks without growth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(7), pages 1683-1688.
- Elias G. Carayannis & Aris Kaloudis & Ã¥ge Mariussen, 2008. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Diversity in the Knowledge Economy and Society, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lambiotte, Renaud & Blondel, Vincent D. & de Kerchove, Cristobald & Huens, Etienne & Prieur, Christophe & Smoreda, Zbigniew & Van Dooren, Paul, 2008. "Geographical dispersal of mobile communication networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(21), pages 5317-5325.
- Wang, Yong-Li & Zhou, Tao & Shi, Jian-Jun & Wang, Jian & He, Da-Ren, 2009. "Empirical analysis of dependence between stations in Chinese railway network," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(14), pages 2949-2955.
- J. Reichardt & D. R. White, 2007. "Role models for complex networks," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 60(2), pages 217-224, November.
- Pan, Ying & Li, De-Hua & Liu, Jian-Guo & Liang, Jing-Zhang, 2010. "Detecting community structure in complex networks via node similarity," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(14), pages 2849-2857.
- M. T. Gastner & M. E.J. Newman, 2006. "The spatial structure of networks," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 49(2), pages 247-252, 01.
- Leo Katz, 1953. "A new status index derived from sociometric analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 18(1), pages 39-43, March.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Tao Zhou & Linyuan Lü & Yi-Cheng Zhang, 2009. "Predicting missing links via local information," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 71(4), pages 623-630, October.
- Zhang, Zi-Ke & Zhou, Tao & Zhang, Yi-Cheng, 2010. "Personalized recommendation via integrated diffusion on user–item–tag tripartite graphs," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(1), pages 179-186.
- B. J. Kim & A. Trusina & P. Minnhagen & K. Sneppen, 2005. "Self organized scale-free networks from merging and regeneration," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 43(3), pages 369-372, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:390:y:2011:i:6:p:1150-1170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.