Peer-Group Detection of Banks and Resilience to Distress
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Damar, H. Evren & Meh, Césaire A. & Terajima, Yaz, 2013.
"Leverage, balance-sheet size and wholesale funding,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 639-662.
- H. Evren Damar & Césaire A. Meh & Yaz Terajima, 2010. "Leverage, Balance Sheet Size and Wholesale Funding," Staff Working Papers 10-39, Bank of Canada.
- repec:eee:jfinin:v:23:y:2014:i:2:p:214-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitchell, Mark & Pulvino, Todd, 2012. "Arbitrage crashes and the speed of capital," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 469-490.
- Rungporn Roengpitya & Nikola Tarashev & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2014. "Bank business models," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33077925 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anand, Kartik & Gai, Prasanna & Kapadia, Sujit & Brennan, Simon & Willison, Matthew, 2013.
"A network model of financial system resilience,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 219-235.
- Kartik Anand & Prasanna Gai & Sujit Kapadia & Simon Brennan & Matthew Willison, 2011. "A Network Model of Financial System Resilience," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-051, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Anand, Kartik & Gai, Prasanna & Kapadia, Sujit & Brennan, Simon & Willison, Matthew, 2012. "A network model of financial system resilience," Bank of England working papers 458, Bank of England.
- Benston, George J & Hunter, William C & Wall, Larry D, 1995. "Motivations for Bank Mergers and Acquisitions: Enhancing the Deposit Insurance Put Option versus Earnings Diversification," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 777-788, August.
- Luc Laeven & Fabian Valencia, 2010. "Resolution of Banking Crises; The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," IMF Working Papers 10/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Rebel Cole & Lawrence White, 2012.
"Déjà Vu All Over Again: The Causes of U.S. Commercial Bank Failures This Time Around,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 5-29, October.
- Cole, Rebel A. & White, Lawrence J., 2010. "Déjà vu all over again: The causes of U.S. commercial bank failures this time around," MPRA Paper 24690, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Jul 2010.
- Rebel A. Cole & Lawrence J. White, 2010. "Deja Vu All Over Again: The Causes of U.S. Commercial Bank Failures This Time Around," Working Papers 10-15, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Stulz, René M., 2012.
"The credit crisis around the globe: Why did some banks perform better?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 1-17.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Stulz, Rene M., 2010. "The Credit Crisis around the Globe: Why Did Some Banks Perform Better?," Working Paper Series 2010-5, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2010. "Amplification Mechanisms in Liquidity Crises," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 1-30, July.
- Gorton, Gary B., 2010. "Slapped by the Invisible Hand: The Panic of 2007," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199734153.
- Vincenzo Chiorazzo & Carlo Milani & Francesca Salvini, 2008. "Income Diversification and Bank Performance: Evidence from Italian Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 181-203, June.
- van Oordt, Maarten R.C., 2014.
"Securitization and the dark side of diversification,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 214-231.
- Maarten van Oordt, 2012. "Securitization and the dark side of diversification," DNB Working Papers 341, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Sudheer Chava & Dmitry Livdan & Amiyatosh Purnanandam, 2009. "Do Shareholder Rights Affect the Cost of Bank Loans?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(8), pages 2973-3004, August.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1998. "Using Market Information in Prudential Bank Supervision: A Review of the U.S. Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 273-305, August.
- Mergaerts, Frederik & Vander Vennet, Rudi, 2016. "Business models and bank performance: A long-term perspective," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 57-75.
- Jin, Justin Yiqiang & Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Lobo, Gerald J., 2011. "Ability of accounting and audit quality variables to predict bank failure during the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2811-2819, November.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:1:y:2015:i:4:p:359-385 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samuel Bentolila & Pierre Cahuc & Juan J. Dolado & Thomas Le Barbanchon, 2012. "Two‐Tier Labour Markets in the Great Recession: France Versus Spain-super-," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(562), pages 155-187, August.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:82:y:2017:i:c:p:203-216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bongini, Paola & Nieri, Laura & Pelagatti, Matteo, 2015. "The importance of being systemically important financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 562-574.
- Milbourn, Todd T. & Boot, Arnoud W. A. & Thakor, Anjan V., 1999. "Megamergers and expanded scope: Theories of bank size and activity diversity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 195-214, February.
More about this item
KeywordsPeer Group Risk Assessment; Bank Distress; Bank Business Models; Financial Crisis; Bank Balance Sheets;
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ial:wpaper:6/2016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonardo Mezzina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emimtit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.