Russia’s regions: governance and Well-being, 2000-2008
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahrend, Rüdiger, 2012.
"Understanding Russian regions’ economic performance during periods of decline and growth—An extreme bound analysis approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 426-443.
- Rudiger Ahrend, 2008. "Understanding Russian Regions' Economic Performance during Periods of Decline and Growth: An Extreme-bound Analysis Approach," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 644, OECD Publishing.
- Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N., 2003. "Policy reform and growth in post-Soviet Russia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 337-352, April.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2010. "Anatomy of Russia's market segmentation," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(1), pages 27-58, January.
- Ksenia Yudaeva & Maria Gorban & Vladimir Popov, 2004. "Down and up the stairs: paradoxes of Russian economic growth," Chapters,in: The Economic Prospects of the CIS, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N., 2003. "Regional integration: an empirical assessment of Russia," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 541-559, May.
- Lev Freinkman & Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Ulrich ThieÃen, 2011. "Incentive Effects of Fiscal Equalization," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(2), pages 5-29, March.
- Granville, Brigitte & Leonard, Carol S., 2010. "Do Informal Institutions Matter for Technological Change in Russia? The Impact of Communist Norms and Conventions, 1998-2004," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 155-169, February.
- Sergei Guriev & Elena Vakulenko, 2012. "Convergence between Russian regions," Working Papers w0180, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2003.
"Market integration in Russia during the transformation years,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 411-434, September.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin, 2002. "Market Integration in Russia During the Transformation Years," Economics Series 116, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Alisher Akhmedjonov & Marco Chi Keung Lau & Berna Balcı İzgi, 2013. "New evidence of regional income divergence in post-reform Russia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(18), pages 2675-2682, June.
- Lavrov, Aleksei & Litwack, John & Sutherland, Douglas, 2001. "Fiscal federalist relations in Russia: a case for subnational autonomy," MPRA Paper 26537, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Popov, Vladimir, 2001. "Reform Strategies and Economic Performance of Russia's Regions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 865-886, May.
- Jorge Martinez-Vasquez & Jameson Boex, 2001. "Russia's Transition to a New Federalism," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15248, June.
- Aron, Janine, 2000. "Growth and Institutions: A Review of the Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(1), pages 99-135, February.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Andrey Timofeev & Jameson Boex, 2006. "Reforming Regional-Local Finance in Russia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6925, June.
- Freinkman, Lev & Plekhanov, Alexander, 2009. "Fiscal Decentralization in Rentier Regions: Evidence from Russia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 503-512, February.
- Laura Solanko, 2008. "Unequal fortunes: a note on income convergence across Russian regions," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 287-301.
- Daniel Berkowitz & David N. DeJong, 2005. "Entrepreneurship and Post-socialist Growth," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(1), pages 25-46, February.
- repec:taf:applec:45:y:2013:i:18:p:2675-2682 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harry Seldadyo & Emmanuel Pandu Nugroho & Jakob de Haan, 2007. "Governance and Growth Revisited," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 279-290, May.
- Lev Freinkman & Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Ulrich Thießen, 2009. "Incentive Effects of Fiscal Equalization: Has Russian Style Improved?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 912, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Israel Marques & Eugenia Nazrullaeva & Andrei Yakovlev, 2011. "From Competition to Dominance: Political Determinations of Federal Transfers in Russian Federation," HSE Working papers WP BRP 12/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsgovernance; Russian regions; well-being; economy; Russia; investment; investment risk; mortality; public health; labor market;
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2013-12-29 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2013-12-29 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HAP-2013-12-29 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-TRA-2013-12-29 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:42/ec/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .