Do Dutch dentists extract monopoly rents?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ketel, Nadine & Leuven, Edwin & Oosterbeek, Hessel & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2018. "Do Dutch dentists extract monopoly rents?," CEPR Discussion Papers 12738, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ketel, Nadine & Leuven, Edwin & Oosterbeek, Hessel & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2018. "Do Dutch Dentists Extract Monopoly Rents?," IZA Discussion Papers 11351, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Kleiner, Morris M & Kudrle, Robert T, 2000. "Does Regulation Affect Economic Outcomes? The Case of Dentistry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 547-582, October.
- Jostein Grytten & Rune Sørensen, 2000. "Competition and dental services," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 447-461.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Erica Blom & Costas Meghir, 2012.
"Heterogeneity in Human Capital Investments: High School Curriculum, College Major, and Careers,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 185-223, July.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Erica Blom & Costas Meghir, 2012. "Heterogeneity in Human Capital Investments: High School Curriculum, College Major, and Careers," NBER Working Papers 17985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Peter Arcidiacono & Arnaud Maurel, 2015. "The Analysis of Field Choice in College and Graduate School: Determinants and Wage Effects," NBER Working Papers 21655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadine Ketel & Edwin Leuven & Hessel Oosterbeek & Bas van der Klaauw, 2016. "The Returns to Medical School: Evidence from Admission Lotteries," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 225-254, April.
- Justine S. Hastings & Christopher A. Neilson & Seth D. Zimmerman, 2013. "Are Some Degrees Worth More than Others? Evidence from college admission cutoffs in Chile," NBER Working Papers 19241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shepard, Lawrence, 1978. "Licensing Restrictions and the Cost of Dental Care," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 187-201, April.
- repec:mpr:mprres:5058 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDentists; returns to education; monopoly rents; random assignment;
- C36 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2018-03-05 (Education)
- NEP-EUR-2018-03-05 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LMA-2018-03-05 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0721. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .