Marriage Migration: Just another case of positive assortative matching?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aycan Çelikaksoy & Helena Nielsen & Mette Verner, 2006. "Marriage migration: just another case of positive assortative matching?," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 253-275, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angrist, Joshua D. & Krueger, Alan B., 1999.
"Empirical strategies in labor economics,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 23, pages 1277-1366
- Joshua Angrist & Alan Krueger, 1998. "Empirical Strategies in Labor Economics," Working Papers 780, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Joshua Angrist & Alan Krueger, 1998. "Empirical Strategies in Labor Economics," Working papers 98-7, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-846, July-Aug..
- Jakobsen, Vibeke & Smith, Nina, 2003.
"The educational attainment of the children of the Danish ‘guest worker’ immigrants,"
03-6, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Jakobsen, Vibeke & Smith, Nina, 2003. "The Educational Attainment of the Children of the Danish ‘Guest Worker’ Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 749, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Svarer, 2004. "Is Your Love in Vain? Another Look at Premarital Cohabitation and Divorce," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Marfouk, Abdeslam & Salomone, Sara & Sekkat, Khalid, 2012.
"Are Skilled Women More Migratory than Skilled Men?,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 251-265.
- Frederic DOCQUIER & Abdeslam MARFOUK & Sara SALOMONE & Khalid SEKKAT, 2009. "Are skilled women more migratory than skilled men?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2009021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Olsen, Karsten Bjerring, 2004. "Economic Cooperation and Social Identity: Towards a Model of Economic Cross-Cultural Integration," Working Papers 04-10, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Chunbei Wang & Le Wang, 2012. "The effects of 9/11 on intermarriage between natives and immigrants to the U.S," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 171-192, June.
- Lina Andersson & Mats Hammarstedt, 2011. "Transmission of self-employment across immigrant generations: the importance of ethnic background and gender," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 555-577, December.
- Barry Chiswick & Christina Houseworth, 2011.
"Ethnic intermarriage among immigrants: human capital and assortative mating,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 149-180, June.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Houseworth, Christina A., 2008. "Ethnic Intermarriage among Immigrants: Human Capital and Assortative Mating," IZA Discussion Papers 3740, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Houseworth, Christina A., 2010. "Ethnic Intermarriage among Immigrants: Human Capital and Assortative Mating," SULCIS Working Papers 2010:8, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Blume, Kraen & Verner, Mette, 2007. "Welfare dependency among Danish immigrants," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 453-471, June.
- Aycan, Çelikaksoy & Lena, Nekby & Saman, Rashid, 2009. "Assortative Mating by Ethnic Background and Education in Sweden: The Role of Parental Composition on Partner Choice," SULCIS Working Papers 2009:7, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Delia Furtado & Nikolaos Theodoropoulos, 2011.
"Interethnic marriage: a choice between ethnic and educational similarities,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1257-1279, October.
- Furtado, Delia & Theodoropoulos, Nikolaos, 2008. "Interethnic Marriage: A Choice between Ethnic and Educational Similarities," IZA Discussion Papers 3448, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aycan Çelikaksoy, 2014. "Parental Background and Union Formation Behavior of Native Born Individuals in Sweden with a Foreign Background," Societies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-12, June.
- Ho-Po Crystal Wong, 2014. "The Effects of Endogamous Marriage on Family Outcomes: Evidence from Exogenous Variation in Immigrant Flows During 1900-1930 in the United States," Working Papers 14-31, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- repec:eme:rleczz:s0147-9121(2009)0000029013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smeets, Valerie, 2004. "Are There Fast Tracks in Economic Departments? Evidence from a Sample of Top Economists," Working Papers 04-4, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Dang, Trang & Nguyen, Cuong, 2015. "Parents’ inter-ethnic marriage and children’s education and disability: Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 74144, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean R. Lillard, 2016. "Migration to the US and marital mobility," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 669-694, September.
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Nina Smith & Aycan Çelikaksoy, 2009. "The Effect of Marriage on Education of Immigrants: Evidence from a Policy Reform Restricting Marriage Migration," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(3), pages 457-486, September.
- Pau Baizán & Cris Beauchemin & Amparo González-Ferrer, 2014. "An Origin and Destination Perspective on Family Reunification: The Case of Senegalese Couples," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 30(1), pages 65-87, February.
- Aycan Çelikaksoy, 2012. "Intergenerational transmission of interethnic union formation patterns in Sweden," Migration Letters, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 9(2), pages 101-114, May.
- Delia Furtado, 2009.
"Cross-nativity marriages and human capital levels of children,"
Research in Labor Economics,in: Ethnicity and Labor Market Outcomes, volume 29, pages 273-296
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Furtado, Delia, 2009. "Cross-Nativity Marriages and Human Capital Levels of Children," IZA Discussion Papers 3931, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Smith, Nina & Celikaksoy, Aycan, 2007.
"The Effect of Marriage on Education of Immigrants: Evidence from a Policy Reform Restricting Spouse Import,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2899, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Nina Smith & Aycan Celikaksoy, 2007. "The Effect of Marriage on Education of Immigrants: Evidence from a Policy Reform Restricting Spouse Import," Economics Working Papers 2007-07, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
More about this item
Keywordsassortative matching; homogamy; exchange; marriage migration; spouse import;
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:aareco:2003_027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helle Vinbaek Stenholt). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nihhadk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.