The Effect of Marriage on Education of Immigrants: Evidence from a Policy Reform Restricting Marriage Migration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Borjas, George J, 1995.
"Assimilation and Changes in Cohort Quality Revisited: What Happened to Immigrant Earnings in the 1980s?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 201-245, April.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "Assimilation and Changes in Cohort Quality Revisited: What Happened to Immigrant Earnings in the 1980s?," NBER Working Papers 4866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raquel Fernández & Nezih Guner & John Knowles, 2005.
"Love and Money: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Household Sorting and Inequality,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(1), pages 273-344.
- Raquel Ferndez & Nezih Guner & John Knowles, 2001. "Love and Money: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Household Sorting and Inequality," Penn CARESS Working Papers d3d043317c8e26c4039c21aa0, Penn Economics Department.
- Fernández, Raquel & Guner, Nezih & Knowles, John, 2001. "Love and Money: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Household Sorting and Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 3040, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raquel Fernandez & Nezih Guner & John Knowles, 2001. "Love and Money: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Household Sorting and Inequality," NBER Working Papers 8580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Regina T. Riphahn, 2003.
"Cohort effects in the educational attainment of second generation immigrants in Germany: An analysis of census data,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 711-737, November.
- Riphahn, Regina T., 2001. "Cohort Effects in the Educational Attainment of Second Generation Immigrants in Germany: An Analysis of Census Data," IZA Discussion Papers 291, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aycan Çelikaksoy & Helena Nielsen & Mette Verner, 2006.
"Marriage migration: just another case of positive assortative matching?,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 253-275, September.
- Celikaksoy, Aycan & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Verner, Mette, 2003. "Marriage Migration: Just another case of positive assortative matching?," Working Papers 03-27, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Colding, Bjorg, 2006. "A dynamic analysis of educational progression of children of immigrants," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 479-492, August.
- Delia Furtado, 2012. "Human Capital And Interethnic Marriage Decisions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(1), pages 82-93, January.
- Xin Meng & Robert G. Gregory, 2005. "Intermarriage and the Economic Assimilation of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 135-176, January.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2005. "An Evaluation of Instrumental Variable Strategies for Estimating the Effects of Catholic Schooling," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(4), pages 791-821.
- Josh Angrist, 2002.
"How Do Sex Ratios Affect Marriage and Labor Markets? Evidence from America's Second Generation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 997-1038.
- Angrist, Joshua, 2001. "How Do Sex Ratios Affect Marriage and Labor Markets? Evidence from America's Second Generation," IZA Discussion Papers 368, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Harriet Orcutt Duleep & Seth Sanders, 1993. "The Decision to Work by Married Immigrant Women," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 46(4), pages 677-690, July.
- Baker, Michael & Benjamin, Dwayne, 1997. "The Role of the Family in Immigrants' Labor-Market Activity: An Evaluation of Alternative Explanations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 705-727, September.
- Chiara Monfardini & Rosalba Radice, 2008. "Testing Exogeneity in the Bivariate Probit Model: A Monte Carlo Study," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(2), pages 271-282, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Beatrice Schindler Rangvid, 2012.
"The impact of parents’ years since migration on children’s academic achievement,"
IZA Journal of Migration,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Beatrice Schindler Rangvid, 2011. "The Impact of Parents’ Years since Migration on Children’s Academic Achievement," Economics Working Papers 2011-16, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Schindler Rangvid, Beatrice, 2011. "The Impact of Parents' Years since Migration on Children's Academic Achievement," IZA Discussion Papers 6242, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daiji Kawaguchi & Soohyung Lee, 2017.
"Brides For Sale: Cross-Border Marriages And Female Immigration,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(2), pages 633-654, April.
- Kawaguchi, Daiji & Lee, Soohyung, 2012. "Brides for Sale: Cross-Border Marriages and Female Immigration," IZA Discussion Papers 6458, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nekby, Lena, 2010. "Same, Same but (Initially) Different? The Social Integration of Natives and Immigrants in Sweden," SULCIS Working Papers 2010:4, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:scandj:v:111:y:2009:i:3:p:457-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9442 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.