Services and the search for relevant innovation indicators: a review of national and international surveys
Having been ignored for a long time, innovation in services is now the object of institutional surveys at both the national and international level. The aim of the present article is to review these surveys, which divide up into groups reflecting a range of different theoretical approaches to innovation. It also attempts to examine (and to interpret in theoretical terms) the methodological limits of these studies, and in particular to highlight the difficulties of comparison that they entail.
|Date of creation:||Aug 1999|
|Publication status:||Published in Science and public policy, 1999, 26 (4), pp.218-232|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-01133132|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Camal Gallouj & Faïz Gallouj, 1996. "L'innovation dans les services," Post-Print hal-01111983, HAL.
- Sirilli, Giorgio & Evangelista, Rinaldo, 1998. "Technological innovation in services and manufacturing: results from Italian surveys," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 881-899, December.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2006. "Innovation, services, emplois," Post-Print halshs-00199647, HAL.
- Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O. N., 1992. "Why do firms cooperate on R&D? an empirical study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 347-360, August.
- Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O. N., 1991. "More evidence on the undercounting of small firm R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 579-587, December.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Giorgio Sirilli, 1995. "Measuring innovation in services," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 207-215, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-01133132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.