Non-Observed Economy vs. the Shadow Economy in the EU: The Accuracy of Measurements Methods and Estimates revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Piotr Dybka & Michal Kowalczuk & Bartosz Olesinski & Marek Rozkrut & Andrzej Toroj, 2017. "Currency demandand MIMIC models: towards a structured hybrid model-based estimation of the shadow economy size," Working Papers 2017-030, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis.
- Panayiota Lyssiotou & Panos Pashardes & Thanasis Stengos, 2004. "Estimates of the black economy based on consumer demand approaches," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 622-640, July.
- Friedrich Schneider & Dominik Enste, 1999.
"Shadow Economies Around the World - Size, Causes, and Consequences,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
196, CESifo Group Munich.
- Friedrich Schneider & Dominik Enste, 2000. "Shadow Economies Around the World; Size, Causes, and Consequences," IMF Working Papers 00/26, International Monetary Fund.
- Philip Cagan, 1958.
"The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply, pages 1-37
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number caga58-1.
- Bhattacharyya, Dilip K, 1999. "On the Economic Rationale of Estimating the Hidden Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(456), pages 348-359, June.
- Dixon, Huw, 1999. "Controversy: On the Use of the 'Hidden Economy' Estimates," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(456), pages 335-337, June.
- Hassan, Mai & Schneider, Friedrich, 2016. "Size and Development of the Shadow Economies of 157 Countries Worldwide: Updated and New Measures from 1999 to 2013," IZA Discussion Papers 10281, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Leandro Medina & Friedrich Schneider, 2017.
"Shadow Economies around the World: New Results for 158 Countries over 1991-2015,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6430, CESifo Group Munich.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2017. "Shadow Economies around the World: New Results for 158 Countries over 1991-2015," Economics working papers 2017-10, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Thomas, Jim, 1999. "Quantifying the Black Economy: 'Measurement without Theory' Yet Again?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(456), pages 381-389, June.
- Phillip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to the Total Money Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 303-303.
- Derek Blades, 2011. "Estimating Value Added Of Illegal Production In The Western Balkans," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(1), pages 183-195, March.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Friedrich Schneider, 2016.
"Shadow Economies in OECD Countries: DGE vs. MIMIC Approaches,"
Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies,
Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 51-75.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Friedrich Schneider, 2013. "Shadow Economies in OECD Countries: DGE vs. MIMIC Approaches," Working Papers 2013/13, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Dilnot & C. N. Miller, 1981. "What do we know about the black economy?," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 58-73, March.
- Dominik H. Enste & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Shadow Economies: Size, Causes, and Consequences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 77-114, March.
- Trevor Breusch, 2005. "Estimating the Underground Economy using MIMIC Models," Econometrics 0507003, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Dec 2005.
- Philippe Adair, 2009. "Économie non observée et emploi informel dans les pays de l'Union européenne. Une comparaison des estimations et des déterminants," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(5), pages 1117-1153.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Oguz Oztunali, 2012. "Shadow Economies around the World: Model Based Estimates," Working Papers 2012/05, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher Bajada & Friedrich Schneider, 2009. "Unemployment and the Shadow Economy in the oecd," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(5), pages 1033-1067.
More about this item
KeywordsShadow Economy ; Estimates; European Union; Measurement Methods; National Accounts;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2018-04-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-IUE-2018-04-16 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01683929. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.