Is Sustainability Attractive for Corporate Real Estate Decisions ?
This paper provides an analysis of the impact of sustainable principles on corporate property decisions and attractiveness for business districts in the French context. It is based on a behavioural survey conducted across a large sample of corporate property managers and a MCA approach which highlights key factors about the influence of sustainable principles among traditional determinants of territorial attractiveness. This approach allows us to draw up a typology of actors regarding the diffusion of sustainability issues. It emphasizes a general improvement of sustainability on location choice especially for listed companies, owners of their head office and companies located into the main business districts of the Paris metropolitan area.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in ESSEC Working paper. Document de Recherche ESSEC / Centre de recherche de l'ESSEC ISSN : 1291-961.. 2011, pp.33|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal-essec.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00609149|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thierry Theurillat, 2011.
"La ville négociée : entre financiarisation et durabilité,"
GRET Publications and Working Papers
12-11, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Thierry Theurillat, 2011. "La ville négociée : entre financiarisation et durabilité," Géographie, économie, société, Lavoisier, vol. 13(3), pages 225-254.
- Ingrid Nappi-Choulet Pr. & Tristan-Pierre Maury, 2009.
"A Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Price Index for the Paris Office Property Market,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 305-340.
- Nappi-Choulet, Ingrid & Maury, Tristan-Pierre, 2008. "A Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Price Index for the Paris Office Property Market," ESSEC Working Papers DR 08008, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- C.M. Lizieri, 2003. "Occupier Requirements in Commercial Real Estate Markets," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(5-6), pages 1151-1169, May.
- Michael Greenacre, 2008. "Correspondence analysis of raw data," Economics Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2002.
"From Sectoral to Functional Urban Specialization,"
NBER Working Papers
9112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2001. "From Sectoral To Functional Urban Specialisation," CEP Discussion Papers dp0511, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2001. "From Sectoral to Functional Urban Specialization," CEPR Discussion Papers 2971, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2001. "From sectoral to functional urban specialisation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20101, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2001. "From sectoral to functional urban specialisation," Working Papers dpuga-01-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2009.
"Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings,"
Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series
qt507394s4, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Richard Arnott & Alex Anas & Kenneth Small, 1997.
"Urban Spatial Structure,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
388., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard & Small, Kenneth A., 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt835049q3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Daniel P. McMillen, 2001. "Polycentric urban structure: the case of Milwaukee," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 15-27.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves, 1999.
"Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor?: An amenity-based theory,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 91-107, January.
- BRUECKNER, Jan K. & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, . "Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor? An amenity-based theory," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1370, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Brueckner, J.K. & Thisse, J.-F. & Zenou, Y., 1996. "Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor ? An amenity-based theory," CORE Discussion Papers 1996065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Patrick, 2009.
"An Investigation of the Effect of Eco-Labeling on Office Occupancy Rates,"
15799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister, 2009. "An Investigation of the Effect of Eco-Labeling on Office Occupancy Rates," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2003.
"Buzz: Face-to-Face Contact and the Urban Economy,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0598, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rachel Guillain & Julie Le Gallo & Celine Boiteux-Orain, 2006. "Changes in Spatial and Sectoral Patterns of Employment in Ile-de-France, 1978-97," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 43(11), pages 2075-2098, October.
- Guillaume Pouyanne, 2005. "Land Use mix and Daily Mobility - the Case of Bordeaux, France," ERSA conference papers ersa05p84, European Regional Science Association.
- D. Rachel Lombardi & Libby Porter & Austin Barber & Chris D.F. Rogers, 2011. "Conceptualising Sustainability in UK Urban Regeneration: a Discursive Formation," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 48(2), pages 273-296, February.
- Jonathan Wiley & Justin Benefield & Ken Johnson, 2010. "Green Design and the Market for Commercial Office Space," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 228-243, August.
- Guillaume Pouyanne, 2006. "Land Use Diversity and Daily Mobility: the Case of Bordeaux," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2006(3).
- Ingrid Nappi-Choulet, 2006. "The Role and Behaviour of Commercial Property Investors and Developers in French Urban Regeneration: The Experience of the Paris Region," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 43(9), pages 1511-1535, August.
- David Levinson & Ajay Kumar, 1994. "The Rational Locator: Why Travel Times Have Remained Stable," Working Papers 199402, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00609149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.