Non-Causality in VAR-ECM Models with Purely Exogeneous Long-Run Paths
We propose in this paper a framework based on a canonical representation of the long run matrix, which can constitute a basis for Granger non-causality testing in a VAR-ECM model using asymptotically Chi-square distributed Wald test statistics, and that unlike Giannini and Mosconi (1992), permits to clearly distinguish the nullity of some parameter blocks we can always achieve without any loss of generality, of the nullity of the parameter blocks resulting from the non-causality property. This canonical representation requires to determine the specific rank of a particular sub-matrix, which can be done using sequential test procedure, whose properties are analysed in small and large samples with Monte Carlo experiments.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: France; Universite de Paris I - Pantheon- Sorbonne, 12 Place de Pantheon-75005 Paris, France|
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://cermsem.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kinal, Terrence W, 1980. "The Existence of Moments of k-Class Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 241-49, January.
- Kadane, Joseph B, 1971. "Comparison of k-Class Estimators when the Disturbances are Small," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 723-37, September.
- Mosconi, Rocco & Giannini, Carlo, 1992. "Non-causality in Cointegrated Systems: Representation Estimation and Testing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 399-417, August.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Hunter, John, 1992. "Tests of cointegrating exogeneity for PPP and uncovered interest rate parity in the United Kingdom," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 453-463, August.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias, 1994. "A comparison of tests of linear hypotheses in cointegrated vector autoregressive models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 137-144, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Jan F. Kiviet & Garry D.A. Phillips, 1998. "Degrees of freedom adjustment for disturbance variance estimators in dynamic regression models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 1(RegularPa), pages 44-70.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A., 1996. "The bias of the ordinary least squares estimator in simultaneous equation models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 161-167, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:pariem:1999.44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.