Further Results on Weak-Exogeneity in Vector Error Correction Models
This paper extends the result for non-causality and strong-exogeneity of Pradel and Rault (2003) Exogeneity in VAR-ECM models with purely exogenous long-run paths”, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics to weak-exogeneity. More precisely, it provides a necessary and sufficient condition for weak exogeneity in vector error correction models. An interesting property is that the statistics involved in the sequential procedure for testing this condition are distributed as χ2 variables and can therefore easily be calculated with usual statistical computer packages, which makes our approach fully operational empirically.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +33 1 69 47 71 77
Fax: +33 1 69 47 70 50
Web page: http://epee.univ-evry.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen G. Hall & Jennifer V. Greenslade & S. G. Brian Henry, 1999. "On the Identification of Cointegrated Systems in Small Samples: Practical Procedures with an Application to UK Wages and Prices," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 643, Society for Computational Economics.
- Engle, Robert F & Hendry, David F & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1979.
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
162, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Urbain, J-P., 1991.
"On Weak Exogeneity in Error Correction Models,"
9103, Liege - Centre de Recherches Economiques et Demographiques.
- Neil R. Ericsson & David F. Hendry & Grayham E. Mizon, 1998.
"Exogeneity, cointegration, and economic policy analysis,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
616, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ericsson, Neil R & Hendry, David F & Mizon, Grayham E, 1998. "Exogeneity, Cointegration, and Economic Policy Analysis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(4), pages 370-87, October.
- Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 1995. "Partial versus full system modelling of cointegrated systems an empirical illustration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 177-210, September.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2002.
"Separation, Weak Exogeneity and P-T Decomposition in Cointegrated VAR Systems with Common Features,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
660, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2002. "Separation, Weak Exogeneity, And P-T Decomposition In Cointegrated Var Systems With Common Features," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 273-307.
- Ericsson, Neil R., 1995.
"Conditional and structural error correction models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 159-171, September.
- Neil R. Ericsson, 1994. "Conditional and structural error correction models," International Finance Discussion Papers 487, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rault, Christophe, 2000.
"Non-causality in VAR-ECM models with purely exogenous long-run paths,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 7-15, January.
- Rault, Christophe, 2000. "Non-causality in VAR-ECM models with purely exogeneous long-run paths," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 121-129, May.
- Rault, C., 1999. "Non-Causality in VAR-ECM Models with Purely Exogeneous Long-Run Paths," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 1999.44, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Boswijk, H. Peter, 1995. "Efficient inference on cointegration parameters in structural error correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 133-158, September.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501, March.
- Hendry, D.F. & Mizon, G.E., 1990. "Evaluating Dynamic Econometric Models By Encompassing The Var," Economics Series Working Papers 99102, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LUBRANOÂ , Michel, 1994.
"Identification Restrictions and Posterior Densities in Cointegrated Gaussian VAR Systems,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1994018, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., . "Identification restrictions and posterior densities in cointegrated Gaussian VAR system," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1206, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Cointegration in partial systems and the efficiency of single-equation analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 389-402, June.
- Richard, J-F, 1980. "Models with Several Regimes and Changes in Exogeneity," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Jacqueline Pradel & Christophe Rault, 2003. "Exogeneity in Vector Error Correction Models with Purely Exogenous Long-Run Paths," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(5), pages 629-653, December.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eve:wpaper:05-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Samuel Nosel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.