The partially liberalized cocoa sector in Ghana: Producer price determination, quality control, and service provision
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Besley, Timothy, 1997.
"Monopsony and Time-Consistency: Sustainable Pricing Policies for Perennial Crops,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 57-70, February.
- Besley, T., 1992. "Monopsony and Time-Consistency : Sustainable Pricing Policies for Perennial Grops," Papers 159, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Bateman, Merrill J. & Meeraus, Alexander & Newbery, David M. & Okyere, William Asenso & O'Mara, Gerald T., 1990. "Ghana's cocoa pricing policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 429, The World Bank.
- Takamasa Akiyama & John Baffes & Donald Larson & Panos Varangis, 2001. "Commodity Market Reforms : Lessons of Two Decades," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13852, July.
- Brooks, Jonathan & Croppenstedt, Andre & Aggrey-Fynn, Emmanuel, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Ghana," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48523, World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andam, Kwaw & Silver, Jed, 2016. "Food processing in Ghana: Trends, constraints, and opportunities:," GSSP policy notes 11, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mahrizal & L. Lanier Nalley & Bruce L. Dixon & Jennie S. Popp, 2014. "An optimal phased replanting approach for cocoa trees with application to Ghana," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(3), pages 291-302, May.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph & Debrah, Yaw & Nuertey, Dorcas, 2018. "Institutional Legitimacy, Cross-Border Trade and Institutional Voids: Insights from the Cocoa Industry in Ghana," MPRA Paper 84393, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsLiberalization; Quality; Tree crops; Cocoa; agricultural services;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-12-15 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2012-12-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .