An alternative definition of economic regions in the U.S. based on similarities in state business cycles
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William N. Goetzmann & Susan M. Wachter, 1995. "Clustering Methods for Real Estate Portfolios," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 23(3), pages 271-310.
- Diebold, Francis X & Rudebusch, Glenn D, 1996. "Measuring Business Cycles: A Modern Perspective," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 67-77, February.
- Gerald Carlino & Keith Sill, 2001.
"Regional Income Fluctuations: Common Trends And Common Cycles,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 446-456, August.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Keith Sill, 2000. "Regional income fluctuations: common trends and common cycles," Working Papers 00-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Theodore M. Crone, 1994. "New indexes track the state of the states," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jan, pages 19-31.
- Carlino Gerald & Defina Robert, 1995. "Regional Income Dynamics," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 88-106, January.
- Charles B. Garrison & Hui S. Chang, 1979. "The Effect of Monetary and Fiscal Policies on Regional Business Cycles," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 4(2), pages 167-180, December.
- Clark, Todd E, 1998. "Employment Fluctuations in U.S. Regions and Industries: The Roles of National, Region-Specific, and Industry-Specific Shocks," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 202-229, January.
- Michael T. Owyang & Howard J. Wall, 2004. "Structural breaks and regional disparities in the transmission of monetary policy," Working Papers 2003-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Robert E. Jensen, 1969. "A Dynamic Programming Algorithm for Cluster Analysis," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 17(6), pages 1034-1057, December.
- Abraham, Jesse M. & Goetzmann, William N. & Wachter, Susan M., 1994. "Homogeneous Groupings of Metropolitan Housing Markets," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 186-206, September.
- Gerald Carlino & Robert Defina, 1998. "The Differential Regional Effects Of Monetary Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 572-587, November.
- Michael A. Kouparitsas, 2001. "Is the United States an optimum currency area? an empirical analysis of regional business cycles," Working Paper Series WP-01-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Christophe Croux & Mario Forni & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2001.
"A Measure Of Comovement For Economic Variables: Theory And Empirics,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 232-241, May.
- Croux, Christophe & Forni, Mario & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 1999. "A Measure of Comovement for Economic Variables: Theory and Empirics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2339, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christophe Croux & Mario Forni & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2001. "A measure of co-movement for economic variables: theory and empirics," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10139, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness cycles ; Regional economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-11-30 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MAC-2003-11-30 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpwp:03-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .