An Alternative Approach to Obtaining Nagar-Type Moment Approximations in Sumultaneous Equation Models
The paper examines asymptotic expansions for estimation errors expressed explicitly as functions of unferlying random variables. Taylor series expansions are obtained from which first and secomd moment approximationc are derived. While the expansions are essentially equivalent to the traditional Nagar-tupe, the terms are expressed in a form which enables moment approximations to be obtained in a particular straightforward way, once the partial derivatives have been found. The approach is illustrated by considering the k-class estimators in a static simultaneous equation model where the distrubances are non-spherical.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Streatham Court, Rennes Drive, Exeter EX4 4PU|
Phone: (01392) 263218
Fax: (01392) 263242
Web page: http://business-school.exeter.ac.uk/about/departments/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kiviet, J.F. & Phillips, G.D.A., 1999. "The Bias of the 2SLS Variance Estimator," Discussion Papers 9904, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1987.
"Partially Identified Econometric Models,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
845R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Aug 1988.
- Sargan, J D, 1974. "The Validity of Nagar's Expansion for the Moments of Econometric Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 169-76, January.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:exe:wpaper:99/04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kadane, Joseph B, 1971. "Comparison of k-Class Estimators when the Disturbances are Small," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 723-37, September.
- Kinal, Terrence W, 1980. "The Existence of Moments of k-Class Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 241-49, January.
- Harvey, A C & Phillips, G D A, 1980. "Testing for Serial Correlation in Simultaneous Equation Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 747-59, April.
- repec:exe:wpaper:99/05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sargan, J D, 1976. "Econometric Estimators and the Edgeworth Approximation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 421-48, May.
- Jean-Marie Dufour, 1997. "Some Impossibility Theorems in Econometrics with Applications to Structural and Dynamic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1365-1388, November.
- Buse, A, 1992. "The Bias of Instrumental Variable Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 173-80, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:exe:wpaper:9905. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Cortinhas)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.