Size corrected significance tests in Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with autocorrelated errors
Refined asymptotic methods are used to produce degrees-of-freedom adjusted Edgeworth and Cornish-Fisher size corrections of the t and F testing procedures for the parameters of a S.U.R. model with serially correlated errors. The corrected tests follow the Student-t and F distributions, respectively, with an approximation error of order O(\tau^3), where \tau = 1/sqrt(T) and T is the number of time observations. Monte Carlo simulatitions provide evidence that the size corrections suggested hereby have better finite sample properties, compared to the asymptotc testing procedures (either standard or Edgeworth corrected), which do not adjust for the degrees of freedom.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: School of Economics University of Nottingham University Park Nottingham NG7 2RD|
Phone: (44) 0115 951 5620
Fax: (0115) 951 4159
Web page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/groups/grangercentre/index.aspx
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A., 1996. "The bias of the ordinary least squares estimator in simultaneous equation models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 161-167, November.
- Rothenberg, Thomas J, 1988. "Approximate Power Functions for Some Robust Tests of Regression Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 997-1019, September.
- Emma M. Iglesias & Garry D. A. Phillips, 2012. "Almost Unbiased Estimation in Simultaneous Equation Models With Strong and/or Weak Instruments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 505-520, June.
- Srivastava, V. K. & Maekawa, Koichi, 1995. "Efficiency properties of feasible generalized least squares estimators in SURE models under non-normal disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 99-121.
- Turkington, Darrell, 2000. "Generalised vec operators and the seemingly unrelated regression equations model with vector correlated disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 225-253, December.
- Magee, Lonnie, 1985.
"Efficiency of iterative estimators in the regression model with AR(1) disturbances,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 275-287, September.
- MAGEE, Lonnie, "undated". "Efficiency of iterative estimators in the regression model with AR(1) disturbances," CORE Discussion Papers RP 675, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ullah, Aman, 2004. "Finite Sample Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774488.
- Breusch, Trevor S., 1980. "Useful invariance results for generalized regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 327-340, August.
- Magdalinos, Michael A. & Symeonides, Spyridon D., 1995. "Alternative size corrections for some GLS test statistics the case of the AR(1) model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 35-59.
- Iglesias, Emma M. & Phillips, Garry D.A., 2010. "The bias to order T-Â 2 for the general k-class estimator in a simultaneous equation model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 42-45, October.
- Phillips, Garry D. A., 2000. "An alternative approach to obtaining Nagar-type moment approximations in simultaneous equation models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 345-364, August.
- Phillips, G.D.A., 1999. "An Alternative Approach to Obtaining Nagar-Type Moment Approximations in Sumultaneous Equation Models," Discussion Papers 9905, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Beach, Charles M & MacKinnon, James G, 1978. "A Maximum Likelihood Procedure for Regression with Autocorrelated Errors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 51-58, January.
- Phillips,Garry D. A. & Tzavalis,Elias (ed.), 2007. "The Refinement of Econometric Estimation and Test Procedures," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521870535, March.
- Magnus, J.R. & Neudecker, H., 1979. "The commutation matrix : Some properties and applications," Other publications TiSEM d0b1e779-7795-4676-ac98-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgts:14/01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.