An alternative approach to approximating the moments of least squares estimators
A new methodology is presented for approximating the moments of least squares coefficient estimators in situations where endogeneity and dynamics are present. The OLS estimator is the focus here, but the method, which is valid under a simple set of smoothness and moment conditions, can be applied to related estimators. An O(T−1) approximation is presented for the bias in OLS estimation of a general ARX(p) model.
|Date of creation:||09 Nov 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillips, Garry D. A., 2000.
"An alternative approach to obtaining Nagar-type moment approximations in simultaneous equation models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 345-364, August.
- Phillips, G.D.A., 1999. "An Alternative Approach to Obtaining Nagar-Type Moment Approximations in Sumultaneous Equation Models," Discussion Papers 9905, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Maekawa, Koichi, 1983. "An Approximation to the Distribution of the Least Squares Estimator in an Autoregressive Model with Exogenous Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 229-38, January.
- Kiviet, J.F. & Phillips, G.D.A., 1999.
"Higher-Order Asymptotic Expansions of the Least-Squares Estimation Bias in First-Order Dynamic Regression Models,"
9903, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D.A., 2012. "Higher-order asymptotic expansions of the least-squares estimation bias in first-order dynamic regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3705-3729.
- Rilstone, Paul & Srivastava, V. K. & Ullah, Aman, 1996. "The second-order bias and mean squared error of nonlinear estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 369-395, December.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D.A., 1993. "Alternative Bias Approximations in Regressions with a Lagged-Dependent Variable," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 62-80, January.
- Kiviet, J.F. & Phillips, G.D.A., 1998. "Moment Approximation for Least Squares Estimators in Dynamic Regression Models with a Unit Root," Discussion Papers 9909, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Bao, Yong, 2007. "The Approximate Moments Of The Least Squares Estimator For The Stationary Autoregressive Model Under A General Error Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(05), pages 1013-1021, October.
- Sargan, J D, 1974. "The Validity of Nagar's Expansion for the Moments of Econometric Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 169-76, January.
- Bao, Yong & Ullah, Aman, 2007. "The second-order bias and mean squared error of estimators in time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 650-669, October.
- Magnus, J.R. & Neudecker, H., 1979. "The commutation matrix : Some properties and applications," Other publications TiSEM d0b1e779-7795-4676-ac98-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A., 1996. "The bias of the ordinary least squares estimator in simultaneous equation models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 161-167, November.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A., 1994. "Bias assessment and reduction in linear error-correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 215-243, July.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153207 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26550. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.