New Estimates of the Equilibrium Exchange Rate: The case for the Chinese renminbi
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kiyotaka Sato & Junko Shimizu & Nagendra Shrestha & Zhaoyong Zhang, 2012. "New Estimates of the Equilibrium Exchange Rate: The Case for the Chinese Renminbi," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 419-443, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Menzie D. Chinn & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008.
"A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?,"
NBER Working Papers
14420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009. "A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?," Working Papers 122009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Chinn, Menzie David & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2008. "A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7076, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yushi Yoshida & Shinji Takagi, 1999. "Exchange Rate Movements and Tradable Goods Prices in East Asia; An Analysis Based on Japanese Customs Data, 1988-98," IMF Working Papers 99/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Virginie Coudert & Cécile Couharde, 2005. "Real Equilibrium Exchange Rate in China," Working Papers 2005-01, CEPII research center.
- Robert Koopman & Zhi Wang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "How Much of Chinese Exports is Really Made In China? Assessing Domestic Value-Added When Processing Trade is Pervasive," NBER Working Papers 14109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaewoo Lee & Jonathan David Ostry & Alessandro Prati & Luca A Ricci & Gian M Milesi-Ferretti, 2008. "Exchange Rate Assessments; CGER Methodologies," IMF Occasional Papers 261, International Monetary Fund.
- Rebecca L Driver & Peter F Westaway, 2005. "Concepts of equilibrium exchange rates," Bank of England working papers 248, Bank of England.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Chinn, Menzie D. & Fujii, Eiji, 2007.
"The overvaluation of Renminbi undervaluation,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 762-785, September.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & Eiji Fujii, 2007. "The Overvaluation of Renminbi Undervaluation," NBER Working Papers 12850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yin-wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & Eiji Fujii, 2007. "The Overvaluation of Renminbi Undervaluation," Working Papers 112007, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vaseem Akram & Badri Narayan Rath, 2018. "Exchange rate misalignment and total factor productivity growth in case of emerging market economies," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 547-564, July.
- Fukao, Kyoji & Yuan, Tangjun, 2012.
"China'S Economic Growth, Structural Change And The Lewisian Turning Point,"
Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics,
Hitotsubashi University, vol. 53(2), pages 147-176, December.
- FUKAO Kyoji & Tangjun YUAN, 2012. "China's Economic Growth, Structural Change and the Lewisian Turning Point," Discussion papers 12056, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kyoji Fukao & Tangjun Yuan, 2012. "China's Economic Growth, Structural Change and the Lewisian Turning Point," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd12-267, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Fukao, Kyoji & Yuan, Tang jun, 2012. "China's Economic Growth, Structural Change and the Lewisian Turning Point," CEI Working Paper Series 2012-04, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Eddy Bekkers & Joseph Francois, 2014.
"Bilateral Exchange Rates and Jobs,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 275-298, May.
- Eddy Bekkers & Joseph F. Francois, 2012. "Bilateral Exchange Rates and Jobs," wiiw Working Papers 83, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Bekkers, Eddy & Francois, Joseph, 2013. "Bilateral Exchange Rates and Jobs," Papers 890, World Trade Institute.
- Bekkers, Eddy & Francois, Joseph, 2012. "Bilateral Exchange Rates and Jobs," CEPR Discussion Papers 8906, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eddy Bekkers & Joseph Francois, 2012. "Bilateral Exchange Rates and Jobs," Economics working papers 2012-02, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Zhang, Zhibai & Chen, Langnan, 2014. "A new assessment of the Chinese RMB exchange rate," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 113-122.
- Zhibai Zhang & Xinyue Zou, 2013.
"The Ratio Model and its Application: A Revisit,"
Journal of Applied Finance & Banking,
SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 3(6), pages 1-4.
- Zhibai, Zhang, 2012. "A Simple Model and Its Application in the Valuation of Five Asian Real Exchange Rates," MPRA Paper 40953, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jakub Borowski & Adam Czerniak & Krystian Jaworski, 2014. "The quest for determinants of Chinese exchange rate policy," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 45(5), pages 407-432.
- Mario Alberto Lagunes Perez & Hector Hugo Perez Villarreal, 2016. "Exchange Rate And Determinants Of Exports In Periods Of Financial Volatility In The North America Free Trade Agreement Zone,Tipo De Cambio Y Determinantes De Las Exportaciones En Periodos De Volatilid," Revista Internacional Administracion & Finanzas, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 9(2), pages 61-71.
- Wang, Gang-Jin & Xie, Chi, 2013. "Cross-correlations between Renminbi and four major currencies in the Renminbi currency basket," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(6), pages 1418-1428.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MON-2010-10-16 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2010-10-16 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2010-10-16 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:10045. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (TANIMOTO, Toko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.