A simple model and its application in currency valuation
A simple currency valuation model is given. The model is based on the Penn effect but reduces the uncertainty of the econometric specification that the Penn effect and many other models have. We use the model to valuate eleven main currencies’ bilateral real exchange rate against the US dollar from 1980 to 2010. In the model finding, a seeming convergence phenomenon is found.
|Date of creation:||01 Aug 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2005.
"On the Renminbi: The Choice between Adjustment under a Fixed Exchange Rate and Adjustment under a Flexible Rate,"
NBER Working Papers
11274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2004. "On the Renminbi: The Choice between Adjustment under a Fixed Exchange Rate and Adustment under a Flexible Rate," Working Paper Series rwp04-037, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Christopher Garroway & Burcu Hacibedel & Helmut Reisen & Edouard Turkisch, 2010.
"The Renminbi and Poor-Country Growth,"
OECD Development Centre Working Papers
292, OECD Publishing.
- Garroway, Chris & Hacibedel, Burcu & Reisen, Helmut & Turkisch, Edouard, 2012. "The Renminbi and Poor-country Growth," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 273-294.
- Christopher Garroway & Burcu Hacibedel & Helmut Reisen & Edouard Turkisch, 2012. "The Renminbi and Poor‐country Growth," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 273-294, 03.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & Eiji Fujii, 2010. "Measuring Renminbi Misalignment: Where Do We Stand?," Working Papers 242010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1994. "Facets of Balassa-Samuelson Thirty Years Later," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 201-226, October.
- Wang, Yajie & Hui, Xiaofeng & Soofi, Abdol S., 2007. "Estimating renminbi (RMB) equilibrium exchange rate," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 417-429.
- Yin-wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & Eiji Fujii, 2007.
"The Overvaluation of Renminbi Undervaluation,"
112007, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & Eiji Fujii, 2007. "The Overvaluation of Renminbi Undervaluation," NBER Working Papers 12850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & Eiji Fujii, 2007. "The Overvaluation of Renminbi Undervaluation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1918, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lòpez-Villavicencio, Antonia & Mazier, Jacques & Saadaoui, Jamel, 2012.
"Temporal dimension and equilibrium exchange rate: A FEER/BEER comparison,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 58-77.
- Antonia Lòpez-Villavicencio & Jacques Mazier & Jamel Saadaoui, 2012. "Temporal Dimension and Equilibrium Exchange Rate: a FEER / BEER Comparison," Post-Print halshs-00535907, HAL.
- Steven Dunaway & Lamin Leigh & Xiangming Li, 2009. "How Robust Are Estimates Of Equilibrium Real Exchange Rates: The Case Of China," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 361-375, 08.
- Chang, Gene Hsin & Shao, Qin, 2004. "How much is the Chinese currency undervalued? A quantitative estimation," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 366-371.
- Arvind Subramanian, 2010. "New PPP-Based Estimates of Renminbi Undervaluation and Policy Implications," Policy Briefs PB10-8, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Peter Isard, 2007. "Equilibrium Exchange Rates; Assessment Methodologies," IMF Working Papers 07/296, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40650. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.