Journal Evaluation by Environmental and Resource Economists: A Survey
Using an online survey, we have asked the researchers in the field of environmental and resource economics how they themselves would rank a representative list of journals in their field. The results of this ranking are then compared to the ordering based on the journals’ impact factors as published by Thomson Scientific. The two sets of rankings seem to be positively correlated, but statistically the null hypothesis that the two rankings are uncorrelated cannot be rejected. This observation suggests that researchers interpret the current quality of journals based on other factors in addition to the impact factors.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Naamsestraat 69, 3000 Leuven|
Phone: +32-(0)16-32 67 25
Fax: +32-(0)16-32 67 96
Web page: http://feb.kuleuven.be/Economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kodrzycki Yolanda K. & Yu Pingkang, 2006. "New Approaches to Ranking Economics Journals," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-44, August.
- David Laband & John Sophocleus, 1985. "Revealed preference for economics journals: Citations as dollar votes," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 317-324, January.
- Charles D. Kolstad, 2000. "Spatial Environmental and Resource Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1918.
- Lowe, Alan & Locke, Joanne, 2005. "Perceptions of journal quality and research paradigm: results of a web-based survey of British accounting academics," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 81-98, January.
- repec:spr:scient:v:60:y:2004:i:3:d:10.1023_b:scie.0000034377.93437.18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 640-666, June.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Gaines H. Liner, 2002. "Core Journals in Economics," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(1), pages 138-145, January.
- Kostas Axarloglou & Vasilis Theoharakis, 2003. "Diversity in Economics: An Analysis of Journal Quality Perceptions," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1402-1423, December.
- Philip H. Ramsey, 1989. "Critical Values for Spearmanâ€™s Rank Order Correlation," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 14(3), pages 245-253, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ete:etewps:ete0705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (library EBIB)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.