Revealed preference for economics journals: Citations as dollar votes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bush, Winston C & Hamelman, Paul W & Staaf, Robert J, 1974. "A Quality Index for Economic Journals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(1), pages 123-125, February.
- Stigler, George J & Friedland, Claire, 1975. "The Citation Practices of Doctorates in Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(3), pages 477-507, June.
- Kagann, Stephen & Leeson, Kenneth W, 1978. "Major Journals in Economics: A User Study," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 979-1003, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lúcia Paiva Martins de Sousa & Pedro Cosme da Costa Vieira, 2005. "Um ranking das revistas científicas especializadas em economia regional e urbana," FEP Working Papers 193, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Martin Macháček, 2004. "Komparace tematické struktury časopiseckých publikací českých a evropských ekonomů (1999 - 2002) [Comparison of the thematic structure of journal articles by czech and european economists]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2004(1), pages 74-90.
- João Ricardo Faria & Rajeev K. Goel, 2016. "Academic Publication Uncertainty and Publishing Behavior: A Game-Theoretic Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 6176, CESifo.
- Klaus Wohlrabe, 2016.
"Taking the Temperature: A Meta-Ranking of Economics Journals,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2016. "Taking the Temperature: A Meta-Ranking of Economics Journals," MPRA Paper 68933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sandra Rousseau, 2008.
"Journal evaluation by environmental and resource economists: A survey,"
Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 77(2), pages 223-233, November.
- Rousseau Sandra, 2007. "Journal Evaluation by Environmental and Resource Economists: A Survey," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0705, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Pedro Cosme Costa Vieira, 2008. "An economics journals' ranking that takes into account the number of pages and co-authors," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(7), pages 853-861.
- Amanda H. Goodall & John M. McDowell & Larry D. Singell, 2017. "Do Economics Departments Improve after They Appoint a Top Scholar as Chairperson?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(4), pages 546-564, November.
- João Faria & Rajeev Goel, 2010. "Returns to networking in academia," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 103-117, July.
- Pedro C. Vieira, 2004. "Top ranking economics journals impact variability and a ranking update to the year 2002," FEP Working Papers 149, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Lutz Bornmann & Alexander Butz & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2018.
"What are the top five journals in economics? A new meta-ranking,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(6), pages 659-675, February.
- Bornmann, Lutz & Butz, Alexander & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2017. "What are the Top Five Journals in Economics? A New Meta–ranking," MPRA Paper 79176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pedro Cosme Costa Vieira, 2004. "Statistical variability of top ranking economics journals impact," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(15), pages 945-948.
- Pedro Cosme da Costa Vieira, 2005. "A new economic journals’ ranking that takes into account the number of pages and co-authors," FEP Working Papers 189, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- J.R. Clark & Joshua C. Hall & Ashley S. Harrison, 2017. "The Relative Value of AER P&P Economic Education Papers," Working Papers 17-23, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:46:y:1985:i:3:p:317-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.