A multi-method evaluation of journals in the decision and management sciences by US academics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jones, M. J. & Brinn, T. & Pendlebury, M., 1996. "Judging the quality of research in business schools: A comment from accounting," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 597-602, October.
- Goh, C. H. & Holsapple, C. W. & Johnson, L. E. & Tanner, J., 1996. "An empirical assessment of influences on POM research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 337-345, June.
- Ormerod, R. J., 1997. "An observation on publication habits based on the analysis of MS/OR journals," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 599-603, October.
- Eom, S. B., 1995. "Decision support systems research: Reference disciplines and a cumulative tradition," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 511-523, October.
- repec:bla:joares:v:23:y:1985:i:1:p:84-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Niemi, Albert W, Jr, 1987. " Institutional Contributions to the Leading Finance Journals, 1975 through 1986: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1389-1397, December.
- Bush, Winston C & Hamelman, Paul W & Staaf, Robert J, 1974. "A Quality Index for Economic Journals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(1), pages 123-125, February.
- Mitchell, George, 1996. "Judging research quality and journals: A call for debate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 613-613, October.
- Doyle, J. R. & Arthurs, A. J. & Green, R. H. & McAulay, L. & Pitt, M. R. & Bottomley, P. A. & Evans, W., 1996. "The judge, the model of the judge, and the model of the judged as judge: Analyses of the UK 1992 research assessment exercise data for business and management studies," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 13-28, February.
- Ederington, Louis H, 1979. "Aspects of the Production of Significant Financial Research," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 777-786, June.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Doyle, J. R. & Arthurs, A. J., 1995. "Judging the quality of research in business schools: The UK as a case study," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 257-270, June.
- Arthur M. Diamond Jr., 1986. "What is a Citation Worth?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(2), pages 200-215.
- Holsapple, CW & Johnson, LE & Manakyan, H & Tanner, J, 1994. "Business computing system research: Structuring the field," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 69-81, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Mi, Zhi-Fu & Huang, Zhimin, 2015.
"Climate policy modeling: An online SCI-E and SSCI based literature review,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(PA), pages 70-84.
- Yi-Ming Wei & Zhi-Fu Mi & Zhiming Huang, 2014. "Climate policy modeling: An online SCI-E and SSCI based literature review," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 58, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Meredith, Jack R. & Steward, Michelle D. & Lewis, Bruce R., 2011. "Knowledge dissemination in operations management: Published perceptions versus academic reality," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 435-446, August.
- Forgionne, Guisseppi A. & Kohli, Rajiv & Jennings, Darniet, 2002. "An AHP analysis of quality in AI and DSS journals," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 171-183, June.
- repec:spr:scient:v:87:y:2011:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-010-0322-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:54:y:2003:i:5:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601531 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jomega:v:73:y:2017:i:c:p:37-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alfaro, José A. & Álvarez Gil, María José & Montes, María J., 2002. "Lagging behind versus advancing too fast? identifying gaps research in supply chain," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb021409, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Biehl, Markus & Kim, Henry & Wade, Michael, 2006. "Relationships among the academic business disciplines: a multi-method citation analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 359-371, August.
- repec:eee:infome:v:11:y:2017:i:3:p:730-744 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thelwall, Mike & Fairclough, Ruth, 2015. "Geometric journal impact factors correcting for individual highly cited articles," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 263-272.
- Rose Baker & Dan Jackson, 2006. "Using Journal Impact Factors to Correct for the Publication Bias of Medical Studies," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 785-792, September.
- Michael F. Gorman & John J. Kanet, 2005. "Evaluating Operations Management--Related Journals via the Author Affiliation Index," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 3-19, February.
- Bar-Ilan, Judit, 2008. "Informetrics at the beginning of the 21st century—A review," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-52.
- Holsapple, Clyde W. & Lee-Post, Anita, 2010. "Behavior-based analysis of knowledge dissemination channels in operations management," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 167-178, June.
- Serenko, Alexander & Dohan, Michael, 2011. "Comparing the expert survey and citation impact journal ranking methods: Example from the field of Artificial Intelligence," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 629-648.
- Bana e Costa, Carlos A. & Oliveira, Mónica D., 2012. "A multicriteria decision analysis model for faculty evaluation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 424-436.
More about this item
KeywordsJournal quality Citation analysis Business and management studies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:28:y:2000:i:1:p:17-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.