From Monasteries to Multinationals (and Back): A Historical Review of the Beer Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Poelmans, Eline & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2011. "From Monasteries to Multinationals (and Back): A Historical Review of the Beer Economy," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 196-216, September.
- Eline Poelmans & Johan F.M.Swinnen, 2011. "From Monasteries to Multinationals (and Back): A Historical Review of the Beer Economy," LICOS Discussion Papers 29411, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2009. "The Growth of Agricultural Protection in Europe in the 19th and 20th Centuries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(11), pages 1499-1537, November.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. (ed.), 2011. "The Economics of Beer," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199693801.
- Johan F.M.Swinnen & Liesbeth Colen, 2010.
"Beer Drinking Nations. The Determinants of Global Beer Consumption,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
27010, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Liesbeth Colen, 2011. "Beer Drinking Nations: The Determinants of Global Beer Consumption," Working Papers id:4324, eSocialSciences.
- Victor J. Tremblay & Carol Horton Tremblay, 2005. "The US Brewing Industry: Data and Economic Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262201518, January.
- Damiaan Persyn & Johan F.M.Swinnen & Stijn Vanormelingen, 2010. "Belgian Beers : Where History meets Globalization," LICOS Discussion Papers 27110, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liesbeth Colen & Johan Swinnen, 2016. "Economic Growth, Globalisation and Beer Consumption," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 186-207, February.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic history; history of beer; monasteries; innovation and taxation in brewing; modern brewing; consolidation and globalization; domestic; international; consumption patterns; dramatic; domestic; international; India; China; Euphrate rivers; Egypt; France; Spain; Belgium; Germany; Britain; peasants; tax evasion; scientists;
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .