Implications Of The Economic Rise Of The PRC For Asean and India: Trade and Foreign Direct Investment
An important and vigorous policy debate ongoing in Asia concerns the impact of the economic rise of the PRC on the rest of the region. This paper examines the relative performances of the PRC, selected ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand), and India over time, as well as the intensity and changing dynamics of their intra-regional economic interactions. Focus is on trends and patterns in merchandise trade, trade in commercial services, and FDI flows the last two decades and potential impact of the PRCâ€™s continued economic emergence on ASEAN and India. [Working Paper No. 14]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S.M. Shafaeddin, 2002. "The Impact Of China´S Accession To Wto On The Exports Of Developing Countries," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 160, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- John Fernald & Hali Edison & Prakash Loungani, 1998. "Was China the first domino? assessing links between China and the rest of emerging Asia," International Finance Discussion Papers 604, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ramkishen Rajan & Graham Bird, 2001. "Economic Globalisation," World Economics, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 2(3), pages 1-18, July.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Rahul Sen, 2002. "A Decade of Trade Reforms in India," World Economics, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 3(4), pages 87-100, October.
- T.N. Srinivasan, 2001. "India's Reform of External Sector Policies and Future Multilateral Trade Negotiations," Working Papers 830, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Wing Thye Woo, 2003.
"The Consequences of China's WTO Accession on its Neighbors,"
Departmental Working Papers
2003-17, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Wing Thye Woo, 2003. "The Consequences of China's WTO Accession for Its Neighbors," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 2(2), pages 1-38.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Chang Li Lin, 2010. "Regional Responses To The Southeast Asian Economic Crisis: A Case Of Self-Help Or No Help?," Working Papers id:2685, eSocialSciences.
- Will Martin & Elena Ianchovichina, 2001. "Implications of China's Accession to the World Trade Organisation for China and the WTO," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(9), pages 1205-1219, 09.
- Ted Tschang, 2003. "China's Software Industry and Its Implications for India," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 205, OECD Publishing.
- Jagdish Bhagwati, 1997. "The Global Age: From a Sceptical South to a Fearful North," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 259-283, 05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.