Implications Of The Economic Rise Of The PRC For Asean and India: Trade and Foreign Direct Investment
An important and vigorous policy debate ongoing in Asia concerns the impact of the economic rise of the PRC on the rest of the region. This paper examines the relative performances of the PRC, selected ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand), and India over time, as well as the intensity and changing dynamics of their intra-regional economic interactions. Focus is on trends and patterns in merchandise trade, trade in commercial services, and FDI flows the last two decades and potential impact of the PRCâ€™s continued economic emergence on ASEAN and India. [Working Paper No. 14]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S.M. Shafaeddin, 2002. "The Impact Of China´S Accession To Wto On The Exports Of Developing Countries," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 160, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Ted Tschang, 2003. "China's Software Industry and Its Implications for India," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 205, OECD Publishing.
- Sadhana Srivastava & Rahul Sen, 2004. "Competing for Global FDI: Opportunities and Challenges for the Indian Economy," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 5(2), pages 233-260, September.
- Will Martin & Elena Ianchovichina, 2001. "Implications of China's Accession to the World Trade Organisation for China and the WTO," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(9), pages 1205-1219, 09.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Martin, Will, 2001.
"Trade liberalization in China's accession to the World Trade Organization,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2623, The World Bank.
- C. H. Kwan, 2002. "The Rise of China and Asia's Flying-Geese Pattern of Economic Development: An Empirical Analysis Based on US Import Statistics," Discussion papers 02009, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- World Bank, 2002. "World Development Indicators 2002," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13921, April.
- Jagdish Bhagwati, 1997. "The Global Age: From a Sceptical South to a Fearful North," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 259-283, 05.
- T.N. Srinivasan, 2001. "India's Reform of External Sector Policies and Future Multilateral Trade Negotiations," Working Papers 830, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.