Residential Location and Youth Unemployment: The Economic Geography of School-To-Work
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Micklewright, John, 1989. "Choice at Sixteen," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(221), pages 25-39, February.
- David T. Ellwood, 1982. "Teenage Unemployment: Permanent Scars or Temporary Blemishes?," NBER Chapters,in: The Youth Labor Market Problem: Its Nature, Causes, and Consequences, pages 349-390 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Whitfield, Keith & Wilson, R A, 1991. "Staying on in Full-Time Education: The Education Participation Rate of 16-Year-Olds," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(231), pages 391-404, August.
- Steven McIntosh, 2001.
"The Demand for Post-Compulsory Education in Four European Countries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 69-90.
- Steven McIntosh, 1998. "The Demand for Post-Compulsory Education in Four European Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0393, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Leslie, Derek & Drinkwater, Stephen, 1999. "Staying on in Full-Time Education: Reasons for Higher Participation Rates among Ethnic Minority Males and Females," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(261), pages 63-77, February.
- Patricia Rice, 1999. "The impact of local labour markets on investment in further education: Evidence from the England and Wales youth cohort studies," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(2), pages 287-312.
- Dustmann, C. & Rajah, N. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1998.
"School Quality, Exam Performance and Career Choice,"
1998-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dustmann, C. & Rajah, N. & van Soest, A., 1998. "School Quality, Exam Performance, and Career Choice," Economics Working Papers eco98/14, European University Institute.
- Franz, Wolfgang & Zimmermann, Volker, 1999. "Mobilität nach der beruflichen Ausbildung: Eine empirische Studie für Westdeutschland," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-21, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Rice, Patricia G, 1987. "The Demand for Post-compulsory Education in the UK and the Effects of Educational Maintenance Allowances," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(216), pages 465-475, November.
- Wolfgang Franz & Joachim Inkmann & Winfried Pohlmeier & Volker Zimmermann, 1997.
"Young and Out in Germany: On the Youths' Chances of Labor Market Entrance in Germany,"
NBER Working Papers
6212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franz, Wolfgang & Inkmann, Joachim & Pohlmeier, Winfried & Zimmermann, Volker, 1997. "Young and out in Germany: On the youths' chances of labor market entrance in Germany," Discussion Papers 40, University of Konstanz, Center for International Labor Economics (CILE).
- Andrews, Martyn & Bradley, Steve, 1997. "Modelling the Transition from School and the Demand for Training in the United Kingdom," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(255), pages 387-413, August.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-338, May.
- Lindner, Axel, 1998. "Modelling the German system of vocational education," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 411-423, December.
- Inkmann, Joachim & Klotz, Stefan & Pohlmeier, Winfried, 1998. "Growing into Work - Pseudo Panel Data Evidence on Labor Market Entrance in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-47, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Merz, M. & Schimmelpfenning, A., 1999. "Career Choices of German High School Graduates: Evidence from the German Socio-Economic Panel," Economics Working Papers eco99/11, European University Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsSchool-to-Work; youth unemployment; local labor markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-07-24 (Education)
- NEP-GEO-2010-07-24 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2010-07-24 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-07-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .