The possible shapes of recoveries in Markov-Switching models
This paper explores the various shapes the recoveries may exhibit within a Markov- Switching model. It relies on the bounce-back effects first analyzed by Kim, Morley and Piger (2005) and extends the methodology by proposing i) a more flexible bounce-back model, ii) explicit tests to select the appropriate bounce-back function, if any, and iii) a suitable measure of the permanent impact of recessions. This approach is then applied to post-WWII quarterly growth rates of US, UK and French real GDPs.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chang-Jin Kim & James Morley & Jeremy Piger, 2003.
"Nonlinearity and the permanent effects of recessions,"
2002-014, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jeremy Piger & James Morley & Chang-Jin Kim, 2005. "Nonlinearity and the permanent effects of recessions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 291-309.
- Aghion, P. & Askenazy, P. & Berman, N. & Cette, G. & Eymard, L., 2008.
"Credit Constraints and the Cyclicality of R&D Investment: Evidence from France,"
198, Banque de France.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Askenazy & Nicolas Berman & Gilbert Cette & Laurent Eymard, 2012. "Credit Constraints And The Cyclicality Of R&D Investment: Evidence From France," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 10(5), pages 1001-1024, October.
- Aghion, Philippe & Askenazy, Philippe & Berman, Nicolas & Cette, Gilbert & Eymard, Laurent, 2012. "Credit Constraints and the Cyclicality of R&D Investment: Evidence from France," Scholarly Articles 12490632, Harvard University Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ema:worpap:2011-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marion Oury)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Marion Oury to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.