Inventory Investment and the Business Cycle : The usual Suspect
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bec Frédérique & Salem Melika Ben, 2013. "Inventory investment and the business cycle: the usual suspect," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 17(3), pages 335-343, May.
- Frédérique Bec & Mélika Ben Salem, 2013. "Inventory investment and the business cycle: the usual suspect," Post-Print halshs-00846501, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oleksiy Kryvtsov & Virgiliu Midrigan, 2013.
"Inventories, Markups, and Real Rigidities in Menu Cost Models,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 80(1), pages 249-276.
- Virgiliu Midrigan & Oleksiy Kryvtsov, 2008. "Inventories, Markups, and Real Rigidities in Menu Cost Models," 2008 Meeting Papers 487, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Oleksiy Kryvtsov & Virgiliu Midrigan, 2009. "Inventories, Markups, and Real Rigidities in Menu Cost Models," NBER Working Papers 14651, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oleksiy Kryvtsov & Virgiliu Midrigan, 2009. "Inventories, Markups, and Real Rigidities in Menu Cost Models," Staff Working Papers 09-6, Bank of Canada.
- James A. Kahn & Mark Bils, 2000.
"What Inventory Behavior Tells Us about Business Cycles,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 458-481, June.
- Bils, M. & Kahn, J.A., 1996. "What Inventory Behavior Tells Us About Business Cycles," RCER Working Papers 428, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Mark Bils & James A. Kahn, 1999. "What Inventory Behavior Tells Us About Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 7310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Bils & James A. Kahn, 1999. "What inventory behavior tells us about business cycles," Staff Reports 92, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Mark Bils & James Kahn, 1998. "What inventory behavior tells us about business cycles," Research Paper 9817, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Cooper, Russell W. & Haltiwanger, John Jr., 1992.
"Macroeconomic implications of production bunching : Factor demand linkages,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 107-127, October.
- Russell Cooper & John Haltiwanger, 1990. "Macroeconomic Implications of Production Bunching: Factor Demand Linkages," Papers 0001, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Kryvtsov, Oleksiy & Midrigan, Virgiliu, 2010.
"Inventories and real rigidities in New Keynesian business cycle models,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 259-281, June.
- Oleksiy Kryvtsov & Virgiliu Midrigan, 2009. "Inventories and Real Rigidities in New Keynesian Business Cycle Models," Staff Working Papers 09-9, Bank of Canada.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Kilian, Lutz, 2006. "On the selection of forecasting models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 273-306, February.
- Kahn, James A, 1987. "Inventories and the Volatility of Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 667-679, September.
- Frédérique BEC & Othman BOUABDALLAH & Laurent FERRARA, 2011.
"The Possible Shapes of Recoveries in Markov-Switching Models,"
2011-02, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Bec Frederique & Othman Bouabdallah & Laurent Ferrara, 2011. "The possible shapes of recoveries in Markov-Switching models," THEMA Working Papers 2011-02, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Bec, F. & Bouabdallah, O. & Ferrara, L., 2011. "The possible shapes of recoveries in Markov-switching models," Working papers 321, Banque de France.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Jeremy Piger & James Morley & Chang-Jin Kim, 2005.
"Nonlinearity and the permanent effects of recessions,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 291-309.
- Chang-Jin Kim & James Morley & Jeremy M. Piger, 2003. "Nonlinearity and the permanent effects of recessions," Working Papers 2002-014, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Robert B. Davies, 2002. "Hypothesis testing when a nuisance parameter is present only under the alternative: Linear model case," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(2), pages 484-489, June.
- Costantini, Mauro & Kunst, Robert M., 2011. "On the Usefulness of the Diebold-Mariano Test in the Selection of Prediction Models," Economics Series 276, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- James Morley & Jeremy Piger, 2012. "The Asymmetric Business Cycle," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 208-221, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frederique Bec & Marie Bessec, 2013.
"Inventory Investment Dynamics and Recoveries: A Comparison of Manufacturing and Retail Trade Sectors,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2209-2222.
- Bec, F. & Bessec, M., 2012. "Inventory Investment Dynamics and Recoveries: A Comparison of Manufacturing and Retail Trade Sectors," Working papers 400, Banque de France.
- Frédérique Bec & Marie Bessec, 2013. "Inventory Investment Dynamics and Recoveries: A Comparison of Manufacturing and Retail Trade Sectors," Post-Print hal-01515613, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11777 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsinventory investment; threshold models; bounce-back effects; asymmetric business cycles;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2012-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sri Srikandan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crestfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.