The gender wage gap in the Republic of Belarus
The project will provide an evidence on the size of gender wage gap in Belarus and on the extent to which such gap is due to discrimination, which is of interest for policy makers, dealing with wage distribution in the country
|Date of creation:||10 May 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS, 1, Mazepy Str., suite 202, Kyiv, 01010 Ukraine|
Web page: http://www.eercnetwork.com
|Order Information:|| Postal: EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS, 1, Mazepy Str., suite 202, Kyiv, 01010 Ukraine|
Web: https://eercnetwork.com/paper Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pastore, Francesco & Verashchagina, Alina, 2006.
"Private returns to human capital over transition: A case study of Belarus,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 91-107, February.
- Pastore, Francesco & Verashchagina, Alina, 2004. "Private Returns to Human Capital over Transition: A Case Study of Belarus," IZA Discussion Papers 1409, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dean Jolliffe & Nauro F. Campos, 2004.
"Does Market Liberalisation Reduce Gender Discrimination? Econometric Evidence from Hungary, 1986—1998,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
2004-678, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jolliffe, Dean & Campos, Nauro F., 2005. "Does market liberalisation reduce gender discrimination? Econometric evidence from Hungary, 1986-1998," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Barry Reilly, 1999. "The gender pay gap in Russia during the transition, 1992-96," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 245-264, March.
- Orazem, Peter & Vodopivec, Milan, 2000.
"Male-Female Differences in Labor Market Outcomes During the Early Transition to Market: The Cases of Estonia and Slovenia,"
Staff General Research Papers
1889, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Milan Vodopivec & Peter F. Orazem, 2000. "Male-female differences in labor market outcomes during the early transition to market: The cases of Estonia and Slovenia," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 283-303.
- Orazem, Peter F. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1999. "Male-female differences in labor market outcomes during the early transition to market : the case of Estonia and Slovenia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2087, The World Bank.
- Constantin G. Ogloblin, 1999. "The Gender Earnings Differential in the Russian Transition Economy," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(4), pages 602-627, July.
- Lisa Giddings, 2002. "Changes in gender earnings differentials in Bulgaria's transition to a mixed-market economy," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 481-497, Fall.
- Jana Stefanov� Lauerov� & Katherine Terrell, 2007. "What Drives Gender Differences in Unemployment?," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 49(1), pages 128-155, March.
- Jurajda, Stepan, 2003. "Gender wage gap and segregation in enterprises and the public sector in late transition countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 199-222, June.
- Pastore, Francesco & Verashchagina, Alina, 2004.
"The Distribution of Wages in Belarus,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1140, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1996. "Wage Structure and Gender Earnings Differentials: An International Comparison," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages S29-62, Suppl..
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-42, June.
- Constantin G. Ogloblin, 1999. "The Gender earnings differential in the Russian transition economy," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(4), pages 602-627, July.
- Munich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2005. "Is women's human capital valued more by markets than by planners?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 278-299, June.
- Stěpán Jurajda, 2005. "Gender Segregation and Wage Gap: An East-West Comparison," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 598-607, 04/05.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eer:wpalle:04-133e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anton Pashchenko)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.