Private Returns to Human Capital over Transition: A Case Study of Belarus
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pastore, Francesco & Verashchagina, Alina, 2006. "Private returns to human capital over transition: A case study of Belarus," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 91-107, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Münich & Jan Svejnar & Katherine Terrell, 2005.
"Returns to Human Capital Under The Communist Wage Grid and During the Transition to a Market Economy,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 100-123, February.
- Daniel Munich & Jan Svejnar & Daniel Munich, 1999. "Returns to Human Capital under the Communist Wage Grid and During the Transition to a Market Economy," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 272, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Münich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 1999. "Returns to Human Capital Under the Communist Wage Grid and During the Transition to a Market Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2332, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Münich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2000. "Returns to Human Capital under the Communist Wage Grid and During the Transition to a Market Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 122, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992.
"Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521438827, April.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992. "Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521433297.
- Andrew Newell & Barry Reilly, 1999. "Rates of Return to Educational Qualifications in the Transitional Economies," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 67-84.
- Newell, Andrew & Reilly, Barry, 1997. "Rates of Return to Educational Qualifications in the Transitional Economies," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/97, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Trostel, Philip & Walker, Ian & Woolley, Paul, 2002. "Estimates of the economic return to schooling for 28 countries," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Philippe Aghion & Simon Commander, 1999. "On the dynamics of inequality in the transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(2), pages 275-298, July.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Sofia Sheidvasser, 2000. "The Educated Russian's Curse: Returns to Education in the Russian Federation," Department of Economics Working Papers 00-05, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1999. "Labor markets in the transitional Central and East European economies," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2809-2857 Elsevier.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Sofia Cheidvasser, 2000. "The Educated Russian's Curse: Returns to Education in the Russian Federation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0246, Econometric Society.
- Orazem, Peter F. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1997. "Value of human capital in transition to market: Evidence from Slovenia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 893-903, April.
- Jan Rutkowski, 1996. "High skills pay off: the changing wage structure during economic transition in Poland," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 4(1), pages 89-112, May.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
- Adamchik, Vera A. & Bedi, Arjun S., 2000. "Wage differentials between the public and the private sectors: evidence from an economy in transition," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 203-224, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maksim Yemelyanau, 2009. "Inequality in Belarus from 1995 to 2007," BEROC Working Paper Series 01, Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC).
- Tjaša Bartolj & Aleš AhCan & Aljoša Feldin & Sašo Polanec, 2013.
"Evolution of private returns to tertiary education during transition: evidence from Slovenia,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 407-424, September.
- Tjaša Bartolj & Aleš Ahcan & Aljoša Feldinb & Sašo Polanec, 2012. "Evolution of Private Returns to Tertiary Education during Transition: Evidence from Slovenia," LICOS Discussion Papers 31412, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:38:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9242-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Karolina Goraus & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2013. "The Goodwill Effect? Female Access to the Labor Market Over Transition: A Multicountry Analysis," Working Papers 2013-19, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- El-hadj Bah & Josef C. Brada, 2014. "Labor Markets in the Transition Economies: An Overview," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 11(1), pages 3-53, June.
- CHEN, Guifu & HAMORI, Shigeyuki, 2009. "Economic returns to schooling in urban China: OLS and the instrumental variables approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 143-152, June.
- Kanjilal-Bhaduri, Sanghamitra & Pastore, Francesco, 2017. "Returns to Education and Female Participation Nexus: Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 11209, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raslavičius, Laurencas, 2012. "Renewable energy sector in Belarus: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5399-5413.
- Amarjargal DAIRII & Terukazu SURUGA, 2006. "Economic Returns to Schooling in Transition: A Case of Mongolia," GSICS Working Paper Series 9, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University.
- Danilovich, Hanna & Croucher, Richard, 2015. "Investment in personnel and FDI in Belarusian companies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 966-971.
- Strawinski, Pawel, 2008. "External Return to Education in Poland," MPRA Paper 11598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pastore Francesco & Verashchagina Alina, 2007. "The gender wage gap in the Republic of Belarus," EERC Working Paper Series 04-133e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Kanjilal-Bhaduri, Sanghamitra & Pastore, Francesco, 2018. "Returns to Education and Female Work Force Participation Nexus: Evidence from India," GLO Discussion Paper Series 162, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Strawinski, Pawel, 2007. "Changes In Return To Higher Education In Poland 1998-2004," MPRA Paper 5185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karolina Goraus & Joanna Tyrowicz & Lucas van der Velde, 2017. "How (Not) to Make Women Work?," GRAPE Working Papers 1, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- Searing, Elizabeth A.M. & Rios-Avila, Fernando & Lecy, Jesse D., 2013. "The impact of psychological trauma on wages in post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 165-173.
- Alexander Chubrik & Alaksei Kazlou, 2013. "Costs and Benefits of Labour Mobility between the EU and the Eastern Partnership Partner Countries. Country report: Belarus," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0462, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Tamar Khitarishvili, 2010. "Assessing the Returns to Education in Georgia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_608, Levy Economics Institute.
- Tom Coupe & Hanna Vakhitova, 2011. "Recent Dynamics of Returns to Education in Transition Countries," Discussion Papers 39, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Phanhpakit ONPHANHDALA & Terukazu SURUGA, 2007. "Education and Earnings in Lao PDR: Further Results," GSICS Working Paper Series 16, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University.
- Arabsheibani, Reza & Mussurov, Altay, 2006. "Returns to Schooling in Kazakhstan: OLS and Instrumental Variables Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 2462, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Strawinski, Pawel, 2008. "Changes in return to higher education in Poland 1998-2005," MPRA Paper 9533, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Lucas van der Velde, 2017. "When the opportunity knocks: large structural shocks and gender wage gaps," GRAPE Working Papers 2, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
More about this item
Keywordseducational economics; returns to human capital; economic transition; Belarus;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .