Private returns to human capital over transition: A case study of Belarus
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Pastore, Francesco & Verashchagina, Alina, 2004. "Private Returns to Human Capital over Transition: A Case Study of Belarus," IZA Discussion Papers 1409, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Münich & Jan Svejnar & Katherine Terrell, 2005.
"Returns to Human Capital Under The Communist Wage Grid and During the Transition to a Market Economy,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 100-123, February.
- Daniel Munich & Jan Svejnar & Daniel Munich, 1999. "Returns to Human Capital under the Communist Wage Grid and During the Transition to a Market Economy," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 272, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Münich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 1999. "Returns to Human Capital Under the Communist Wage Grid and During the Transition to a Market Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2332, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Münich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan & Terrell, Katherine, 2000. "Returns to Human Capital under the Communist Wage Grid and During the Transition to a Market Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 122, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Sofia Cheidvasser, 2000. "The Educated Russian's Curse: Returns to Education in the Russian Federation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0246, Econometric Society.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992.
"Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521438827.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992. "Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521433297.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Andrew Newell & Barry Reilly, 1999. "Rates of Return to Educational Qualifications in the Transitional Economies," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 67-84.
- Orazem, Peter F. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1997. "Value of human capital in transition to market: Evidence from Slovenia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 893-903, April.
- Newell, Andrew & Reilly, Barry, 1997. "Rates of Return to Educational Qualifications in the Transitional Economies," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/97, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Trostel, Philip & Walker, Ian & Woolley, Paul, 2002. "Estimates of the economic return to schooling for 28 countries," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Philippe Aghion & Simon Commander, 1999. "On the dynamics of inequality in the transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(2), pages 275-298, July.
- Jan Rutkowski, 1996. "High skills pay off: the changing wage structure during economic transition in Poland," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 4(1), pages 89-112, May.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Sofia Sheidvasser, 2000. "The Educated Russian's Curse: Returns to Education in the Russian Federation," Department of Economics Working Papers 00-05, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1999. "Labor markets in the transitional Central and East European economies," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2809-2857 Elsevier.
- Adamchik, Vera A. & Bedi, Arjun S., 2000. "Wage differentials between the public and the private sectors: evidence from an economy in transition," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 203-224, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Lucas van der Velde, 2017.
"When the opportunity knocks: large structural shocks and gender wage gaps,"
GRAPE Working Papers
2, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Lucas van der Velde, 2019. "When the opportunity knocks: large structural shocks and gender wage gaps," Working Papers 379, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Maksim Yemelyanau, 2009. "Inequality in Belarus from 1995 to 2007," BEROC Working Paper Series 01, Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC).
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:38:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9242-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:ijitmx:v:15:y:2018:i:04:n:s0219877018500335 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanghamitra Kanjilal-Bhaduri & Francesco Pastore, 2018.
"Returns to Education and Female Participation Nexus: Evidence from India,"
The Indian Journal of Labour Economics,
Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 61(3), pages 515-536, September.
- Kanjilal-Bhaduri, Sanghamitra & Pastore, Francesco, 2017. "Returns to Education and Female Participation Nexus: Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 11209, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Raslavičius, Laurencas, 2012. "Renewable energy sector in Belarus: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5399-5413.
- Karolina Goraus & Joanna Tyrowicz & Lucas van der Velde, 2017.
"How (Not) to make women work?,"
GRAPE Working Papers
1, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- Tyrowicz, Joanna & van der Velde, Lucas & Goraus-Tanska, Karolina, 2018. "How (Not) to Make Women Work?," IZA Discussion Papers 11639, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Karolina Goraus & Lucas van der Velde, 2018. "How (Not) to Make Women Work?," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201806, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Kanjilal-Bhaduri, Sanghamitra & Pastore, Francesco, 2018. "Returns to Education and Female Work Force Participation Nexus: Evidence from India," GLO Discussion Paper Series 162, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Strawinski, Pawel, 2007. "Changes In Return To Higher Education In Poland 1998-2004," MPRA Paper 5185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tjaša Bartolj & Aleš AhCan & Aljoša Feldin & Sašo Polanec, 2013.
"Evolution of private returns to tertiary education during transition: evidence from Slovenia,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 407-424, September.
- Tjaša Bartolj & Aleš Ahcan & Aljoša Feldinb & Sašo Polanec, 2012. "Evolution of Private Returns to Tertiary Education during Transition: Evidence from Slovenia," LICOS Discussion Papers 31412, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Searing, Elizabeth A.M. & Rios-Avila, Fernando & Lecy, Jesse D., 2013. "The impact of psychological trauma on wages in post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 165-173.
- Alexander Chubrik & Alaksei Kazlou, 2013. "Costs and Benefits of Labour Mobility between the EU and the Eastern Partnership Partner Countries. Country report: Belarus," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0462, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Tom Coupe & Hanna Vakhitova, 2011. "Recent Dynamics of Returns to Education in Transition Countries," Discussion Papers 39, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Arabsheibani, Reza & Mussurov, Altay, 2006. "Returns to Schooling in Kazakhstan: OLS and Instrumental Variables Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 2462, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Karolina Goraus & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2013. "The Goodwill Effect? Female Access to the Labor Market Over Transition: A Multicountry Analysis," Working Papers 2013-19, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- El-hadj Bah & Josef C. Brada, 2014. "Labor Markets in the Transition Economies: An Overview," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 11(1), pages 3-53, June.
- CHEN, Guifu & HAMORI, Shigeyuki, 2009. "Economic returns to schooling in urban China: OLS and the instrumental variables approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 143-152, June.
- Amarjargal DAIRII & Terukazu SURUGA, 2006. "Economic Returns to Schooling in Transition: A Case of Mongolia," GSICS Working Paper Series 9, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University.
- repec:sgh:gosnar:y:2009:i:5-6:p:39-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danilovich, Hanna & Croucher, Richard, 2015. "Investment in personnel and FDI in Belarusian companies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 966-971.
- Strawinski, Pawel, 2008. "External Return to Education in Poland," MPRA Paper 11598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pastore Francesco & Verashchagina Alina, 2007. "The gender wage gap in the Republic of Belarus," EERC Working Paper Series 04-133e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Tamar Khitarishvili, 2010. "Assessing the Returns to Education in Georgia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_608, Levy Economics Institute.
- Phanhpakit ONPHANHDALA & Terukazu SURUGA, 2007. "Education and Earnings in Lao PDR: Further Results," GSICS Working Paper Series 16, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University.
- Strawinski, Pawel, 2008. "Changes in return to higher education in Poland 1998-2005," MPRA Paper 9533, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:25:y:2006:i:1:p:91-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.