Economic Policy, Industrial Structure, and Unemployment in Russia's Regions
The formation of an efficient employment structure as an important factor stabilizing the situation in regional labor markets and its impact on labor markets' behavior are studied. Theoretical and empirical analysis of regional labor market differences and the factors causing these differences are used to assess the structural imbalance in Russia's transition economy. By making cluster and discriminant analyses, the authors provide alternative classifications of the regions and estimate the impact of specific regional factors such as the structure of industry employment and economic policy on regional level on labor markets behavior.
|Date of creation:||29 May 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.eercnetwork.com
|Order Information:|| Postal: EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS, 1, Mazepy Str., suite 202, Kyiv, 01010 Ukraine|
Web: https://eercnetwork.com/paper Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C Bean, 1992.
"European Unemployment: A Survey,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0071, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Dimitri G. Demekas, 1990.
"Labor Market Segmentation in a Two-Sector Model of an Open Economy,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(4), pages 849-864, December.
- Dimitri G. Demekas, 1990. "Labor Market Segmentation in a Two-Sector Model of An Open Economy," IMF Working Papers 90/33, International Monetary Fund.
- J. Earle & Saul Estrin, 1996.
"Privatisation versus competition: changing enterprise behavior in Russia,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20364, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- John S. Earle & Saul Estrin, 1997. "Privatization Versus Competition: Changing Enterprise Behavior in Russia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 70, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- J Earle & S Estrin, 1996. "Privatisation versus Competition: Changing Enterprise Behavior in Russia," CEP Discussion Papers dp0316, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- J.S. Earle & S. Estrin, 1996. "Privatization Versus Competition: Changing Enterprise Behavior in Russia," Working Papers wp96049, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Peter Huber & Andreas Worgotter, 1997. "Local Labour Market Dynamics in the Czech and Slovak Republics," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 121, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1990. "Unemployment: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 391-439, June.
- Barbone, Luca & Marchetti, Jr., Domenico & Paternostro, Stefano, 1996. "Structural adjustment, ownership transformation, and size in Polish industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1624, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eer:wpalle:01-06e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anton Pashchenko)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.