Adaptation to Climate Change in Marine Capture Fisheries
This paper responds to the challenge of how and when to adapt marine capture fisheries to climate change by: (1) providing a set of fisheries policy options to climate change; (2) developing a risk and vulnerability assessment and management decision-making framework for adaptation; and (3) describing the possible strategies and tactics for ex ante and ex post climate adaptation in the marine environment. Its contributions include: (1) a discussion of how management objectives and instruments influence resilience and adaptation; (2) a decision-making process to assess vulnerabilities to climate change and to manage adaptation responses; (3) an inter-temporal framework to assist decision-makers when to adapt; (4) a risk and simulation approach to confront the uncertainties of the possible losses due to climate change and the net benefits of adaptation; (5) an explanation of how adaptive co-management can promote flexible adaptation responses and also strengthen adaptation capacity; and (6) a selection of possible ‘win-win’ management actions.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Crawford Building, Lennox Crossing, Building #132, Canberra ACT 2601|
Phone: +61 2 6125 4705
Fax: +61 2 6125 5448
Web page: https://crawford.anu.edu.au/research_units/eerh/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha, 2005.
"Cod Today and None Tomorrow: The Economic Value of a Marine Reserve,"
International and Development Economics Working Papers
idec05-7, International and Development Economics.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha, 2009. "Cod Today and None Tomorrow: The Economic Value of a Marine Reserve," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(3), pages 454-469.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas, 2009. "Cod today and none tomorrow: The Economic Value of a Marine Reserve," Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports 0922, Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Grafton, R. Quentin & Kompas, Tom, 2009. "Cod today and none tomorrow: The Economic Value of a Marine Reserve," Research Reports 94822, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- Quentin Grafton, R. & Kompas, Tom & McLoughlin, Richard & Rayns, Nick, 2007.
"Benchmarking for fisheries governance,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 470-479, July.
- Grafton, R. Quentin & Kompas, Tom, 2005.
"Uncertainty and the active adaptive management of marine reserves,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 471-479, September.
- Tom Kompas & R. Quentin Grafton, 2004. "Uncertainty and the Active Adaptive Management of Marine Reserves," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec04-2, International and Development Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:eenhrr:0937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CAP Web Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.