Spillovers of Equal Treatment in Wage Offers
We analyse a labour matching model with wage posting, where ?re?flecting institutional constraints - ?fi?rms cannot differentiate their wage offers within certain subsets of workers. Inter alia, we fi?nd that the presence of impersonal wage offers leads to wage compression, which propagates to the wages for high productivity workers who receive personalised offers.
|Date of creation:||13 Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.econ.ed.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clark Simon, 2006. "The Uniqueness of Stable Matchings," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Konishi, Hideo & Sapozhnikov, Margarita, 2008.
"Decentralized matching markets with endogenous salaries,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 193-218, September.
- Hideo Konishi & Margarita Sapozhnikov, 2006. "Decentralized Matching Markets with Endogenous Salaries," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 654, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 03 Jan 2008.
- Fuhito Kojima, 2007. "Matching and Price Competition: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 1027-1031, June.
- Muriel Niederle, 2006.
"Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts,"
NBER Working Papers
12334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muriel Niederle, 2007. "Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1957-1969, December.
- Azevedo, Eduardo M., 2014. "Imperfect competition in two-sided matching markets," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 207-223.
- Jonathan Levin & Jeremy Bulow, 2004.
"Matching and Price Competition,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
350, Econometric Society.
- Claudio Michelacci & Javier Suarez, 2006.
"Incomplete Wage Posting,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(6), pages 1098-1123, December.
- Robert E. Hall & Alan B. Krueger, 2012. "Evidence on the Incidence of Wage Posting, Wage Bargaining, and On-the-Job Search," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 56-67, October.
- Alcalde, Jose & Perez-Castrillo, David & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 1998.
"Hiring Procedures to Implement Stable Allocations,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 469-480, October.
- George J. Mailath & Andrew Postlewaite & Larry Samuelson, 2011.
"Pricing and Investments in Matching Markets,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
786969000000000162, David K. Levine.
- Vera Brenčič, 2012. "Wage posting: evidence from job ads," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1529-1559, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:edn:esedps:221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Reddie)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.