Spillovers of Equal Treatment in Wage Offers
We analyse a labour matching model with wage posting, where - reflecting institutional constraints - firms cannot differentiate their wage offers within certain subsets of workers. Inter alia, we find that the presence of impersonal wage offers leads to wage compression, which propagates to the wages for high productivity workers who receive personalised offers.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 31 Buccleuch Place, EH8 9JT, Edinburgh|
Web page: http://www.econ.ed.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muriel Niederle, 2006.
"Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts,"
NBER Working Papers
12334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muriel Niederle, 2007. "Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1957-1969, December.
- Konishi, Hideo & Sapozhnikov, Margarita, 2008.
"Decentralized matching markets with endogenous salaries,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 193-218, September.
- Hideo Konishi & Margarita Sapozhnikov, 2006. "Decentralized Matching Markets with Endogenous Salaries," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 654, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 03 Jan 2008.
- Clark Simon, 2006. "The Uniqueness of Stable Matchings," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-28, December.
- George J. Mailath & Andrew Postlewaite & Larry Samuelson, 2011.
"Pricing and Investments in Matching Markets,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
786969000000000162, David K. Levine.
- José Alcalde Pérez & Antonio Romero-Medina & David Pérez-Castrillo, 1997.
"Hiring procedures to implement stable allocations,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1997-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Claudio Michelacci & Javier Suarez, 2006.
"Incomplete Wage Posting,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(6), pages 1098-1123, December.
- Jonathan Levin & Jeremy Bulow, 2004.
"Matching and Price Competition,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
350, Econometric Society.
- Fuhito Kojima, 2007. "Matching and Price Competition: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 1027-1031, June.
- Azevedo, Eduardo M., 2014. "Imperfect competition in two-sided matching markets," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 207-223.
- Vera Brenčič, 2012. "Wage posting: evidence from job ads," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1529-1559, November.
- Robert E. Hall & Alan B. Krueger, 2012. "Evidence on the Incidence of Wage Posting, Wage Bargaining, and On-the-Job Search," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 56-67, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:edn:esedps:221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Reddie)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.