Median stable matching for markets with wages
We define the median stable matching for two-sided matching markets with wages and prove constructively that it exists.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John William Hatfield & Paul R. Milgrom, 2005.
"Matching with Contracts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 913-935, September.
- Muriel Niederle, 2006.
"Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts,"
NBER Working Papers
12334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muriel Niederle, 2007. "Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1957-1969, December.
- Bulow, Jeremy I. & Levin, Jonathan, 2003.
"Matching and Price Competition,"
1818, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Jonathan Levin & Jeremy Bulow, 2004. "Matching and Price Competition," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 350, Econometric Society.
- Jeremy Bulow & Jonathan Levin, 2005. "Matching and Price Competition," NBER Working Papers 11506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crawford, Vincent P & Knoer, Elsie Marie, 1981. "Job Matching with Heterogeneous Firms and Workers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 437-50, March.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn, 2004.
"Median Stable Matching for College Admission,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
632.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC), revised 16 Feb 2006.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2007.
"Deferred Acceptance Algorithms: History, Theory, Practice, and Open Questions,"
NBER Working Papers
13225, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alvin Roth, 2008. "Deferred acceptance algorithms: history, theory, practice, and open questions," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 36(3), pages 537-569, March.
- Roth, Alvin, 2008. "Deferred Acceptance Algorithms: History, Theory, Practice, and Open Questions," Scholarly Articles 2579651, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alvin E Roth, 2007. "Deferred Acceptance Algorithms: History, Theory, Practice, and Open Questions," Levine's Bibliography 843644000000000283, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Kelso, Alexander S, Jr & Crawford, Vincent P, 1982. "Job Matching, Coalition Formation, and Gross Substitutes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1483-1504, November.
- Nunez, Marina & Rafels, Carles, 2003. "Characterization of the extreme core allocations of the assignment game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 311-331, August.
- Núñez, Marina & Rafels, Carles, 2008.
"On the dimension of the core of the assignment game,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 290-302, September.
- Marina Nunez Oliva & Carlos Rafels Pallarola, 2006. "On the dimension of the core of the assignment game," Working Papers in Economics 167, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn, 2010.
"Smith and Rawls share a room: stability and medians,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 35(4), pages 647-667, October.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn, 2009. "Smith and Rawls Share a Room: Stability and Medians," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-111, Harvard Business School.
- Klaus, Bettina & Klijn, Flip, 2008. "Smith and Rawls Share a Room: Stability and Medians," Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Fuhito Kojima, 2007. "Matching and Price Competition: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 1027-1031, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:146:y:2011:i:2:p:619-637. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.