Pairing Games and Markets
Pairing Games or Markets studied here are the non-two-sided NTU generalization of assignment games. We show that the Equilibrium Set is nonempty, that it is the set of stable allocations or the set of semistable allocations, and that it has several notable structural properties. We also introduce the solution concept of pseudostable allocations and show that they are in the Demand Bargaining Set. We give a dynamic Market Procedure that reaches the Equilibrium Set in a bounded number of steps. We use elementary tools of graph theory and a representation theorem obtained here.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.feem.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- YIlmaz, Özgür, 2011. "Kidney exchange: An egalitarian mechanism," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 592-618, March.
- David Perez-Castrillo & Marilda Sotomayor, 2000.
"A Simple Selling and Buying Procedure,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0704, Econometric Society.
- Marilda Sotomayor, 2009. "Adjusting prices in the multiple-partners assignment game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 575-600, November.
- Tommy Andersson & Jens Gudmundsson & Dolf Talman & Zaifu Yang, 2013.
"A Competitive Partnership Formation Process,"
13/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Andersson , Tommy & Gudmundsson , Jens & Talman , Adolphus & Yang , Zaifu, 2013. "A Competitive Partnership Formation Process," Working Papers 2013:2, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Andersson, T. & Gudmundsson, J. & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z., 2013. "A Competitive Partnership Formation Process," Discussion Paper 2013-008, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Johan Karlander & Kimmo Eriksson, 2001. "Stable outcomes of the roommate game with transferable utility," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 555-569.
- Klijn, Flip & Masso, Jordi, 2003.
"Weak stability and a bargaining set for the marriage model,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 91-100, January.
- Klijn, F. & Masso, J., 1999. "Weak Stability and a Bargaining Set for the Marriage Model," Discussion Paper 1999-114, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Zhou Lin, 1994. "A New Bargaining Set of an N-Person Game and Endogenous Coalition Formation," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 512-526, May.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2011.
"Farsighted Stability for Roommate Markets,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 13(6), pages 921-933, December.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2009. "Farsighted Stability for Roommate Markets," Working Papers 385, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Bettina-Elisabeth Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2009. "Farsighted Stability for Roommate Markets," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-135, Harvard Business School.
- Alkan, Ahmet & Anbarci, Nejat & Sarpça, Sinan, 2012. "An exploration in school formation: Income vs. Ability," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 500-504.
- Kucuksenel, Serkan, 2011. "Core of the assignment game via fixed point methods," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 72-76, January.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-46, July-Aug..
- Alkan, Ahmet & Demange, Gabrielle & Gale, David, 1991. "Fair Allocation of Indivisible Goods and Criteria of Justice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 1023-39, July.
- Moldovanu, B, 1990. "Stable Bargained Equilibria for Assignment Games without Side Payments," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 171-90.
- Bennett, Elaine & Zame, William R, 1988. "Bargaining in Cooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 279-300.
- Peter Biro & Matthijs Bomhoff & Walter Kern & Petr A. Golovach & Daniel Paulusma, 2012. "Solutions for the Stable Roommates Problem with Payments," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1211, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Paul Milgrom, 2008.
"Assignment Messages and Exchanges,"
08-014, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- E. Inarra & C. Larrea & E. Molis, 2008. "Random paths to P-stability in the roommate problem," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 461-471, March.
- Schwarz, Michael & Yenmez, M. Bumin, 2011. "Median stable matching for markets with wages," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 619-637, March.
- Peter Biro & Tamas Fleiner, 2012. "Fractional solutions for capacitated NTU-games, with applications to stable matchings," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1234, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Alkan, Ahmet, 1989. "Existence and computation of matching equilibria," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 5(2-3), pages 285-296.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2014.48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.