The principal-agent matching market
We propose a model based on competitive markets in order to analyze an economy with several principals and agents. We model the principal-agent economy as a two-sided matching game and characterize the set of stable outcomes of this principal-agent matching market. A simple mechanism to implement the set of stable outcomes is proposed. Finally, we put forward examples of principal-agent economies where the results fit into.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||In : Frontiers of Theoretical Economics, 2(1), 1-32, 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dilip Mookherjee & Debraj Ray, 2002.
"Contractual Structure and Wealth Accumulation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 818-849, September.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Debraj Ray, 2000. "Contractual Structure and Wealth Accumulation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1538, Econometric Society.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Debraj Ray, 2000. "Contractual Structure and Wealth Accumulation," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 107, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- José Alcalde Pérez & Antonio Romero-Medina, 1996.
"Simple mechanisms to implement the core of college admissions problems,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1996-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Alcalde, Jose & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 2000. "Simple Mechanisms to Implement the Core of College Admissions Problems," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 294-302, May.
- Romero-Medina, Antonio & Alcalde, J., 1999. "Simple mechanisms to implement the core of college admissions problems," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6124, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Roberto Perotti, 1996. "Redistribution and Non-Consumption Smoothing in an Open Economy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(3), pages 411-433.
- Kamecke, U, 1989. "Non-cooperative Matching Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(4), pages 423-31.
- José Alcalde Pérez & Antonio Romero-Medina & David Pérez-Castrillo, 1997.
"Hiring procedures to implement stable allocations,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1997-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Perez-Castrillo, D. & Sotomayor, M., 1998.
"A Simple Selling and Buying Procedure,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
421.98, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- David Perez-Castrillo & Marilda Sotomayor, 2000. "A Simple Selling and Buying Procedure," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0704, Econometric Society.
- Legros, Patrick & Newman, Andrew, 2002. "Assortative Matching in a Non-transferable World," CEPR Discussion Papers 3469, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 2002.
"Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(3), pages 564-591, June.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 1999. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Papers 0096, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Ackerberg, D.A. & Botticini, M., 1999. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Papers 96, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 1999. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 92, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Besanko, David & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987. "Collateral and Rationing: Sorting Equilibria in Monopolistic and Competitive Credit Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 671-89, October.
- Fátima Barros & Inés Macho-Stadler, 1998. "Competition for Managers and Product Market Efficiency," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 89-103, 03.
- Serfes, Konstantinos, 2005. "Risk sharing vs. incentives: Contract design under two-sided heterogeneity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 343-349, September.
- Sengupta, Kunal, 1997. "Limited liability, moral hazard and share tenancy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 393-407, April.
- repec:esx:essedp:550 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhaskar, V, 2002. "Relative Performance Evaluation and Limited Liability," Economics Discussion Papers 8852, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- de Mesa, David & Webb, David C., 1992. "Efficient credit rationing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1277-1290, August.
- Tayfun Sönmez & Tarik Kara, 1997. "Implementation of college admission rules (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 9(2), pages 197-218.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Pandey, Priyanka, 2000. "Contract choice in agriculture with joint moral hazard in effort and risk," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 303-326, December.
- Bester,Helmut Hellwig,Martin, 1987. "Moral hazard and equilibrium credit rationing: An overview of the issues," Discussion Paper Serie A 125, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1992. "Limited liability and the existence of share tenancy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 203-220, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:1903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.