The principal-agent matching market
We propose a model based on competitive markets in order to analyse an economy with several principals and agents. We model the principal-agent economy as a two-sided matching game and characterise the set of stable outcomes of this principal-agent matching market. A simple mechanism to implement the set of stable outcomes is proposed. Finally, we put forward examples of principal-agent economies where the results fit.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||In : Frontiers of Theoretical Economics, 2(1), 1-32, 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Perez-Castrillo, D. & Sotomayor, M., 1998.
"A Simple Selling and Buying Procedure,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
421.98, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- David Perez-Castrillo & Marilda Sotomayor, 2000. "A Simple Selling and Buying Procedure," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0704, Econometric Society.
- Tayfun Sönmez & Tarik Kara, 1997. "Implementation of college admission rules (*)," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 197-218.
- Bester,Helmut Hellwig,Martin, 1987. "Moral hazard and equilibrium credit rationing: An overview of the issues," Discussion Paper Serie A 125, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Alcalde, Jose & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 2000.
"Simple Mechanisms to Implement the Core of College Admissions Problems,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 294-302, May.
- José Alcalde Pérez & Antonio Romero-Medina, 1996. "Simple mechanisms to implement the core of college admissions problems," Working Papers. Serie AD 1996-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 1999.
"Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form,"
0096, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 2002. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(3), pages 564-591, June.
- Ackerberg, D.A. & Botticini, M., 1999. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Papers 96, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 1999. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 92, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1992. "Limited liability and the existence of share tenancy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 203-220, January.
- Alcalde, Jose & Perez-Castrillo, David & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 1998.
"Hiring Procedures to Implement Stable Allocations,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 469-480, October.
- Sengupta, Kunal, 1997. "Limited liability, moral hazard and share tenancy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 393-407, April.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Debraj Ray, 2000.
"Contractual Structure and Wealth Accumulation,"
Boston University - Institute for Economic Development
107, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Debraj Ray, 2000. "Contractual Structure and Wealth Accumulation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1538, Econometric Society.
- V. Bhaskar, 2002. "Relative Performance Evaluation and Limited Liability," Economics Discussion Papers 550, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Pandey, Priyanka, 2000. "Contract choice in agriculture with joint moral hazard in effort and risk," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 303-326, December.
- Besanko, David & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987. "Collateral and Rationing: Sorting Equilibria in Monopolistic and Competitive Credit Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 671-89, October.
- Serfes, Konstantinos, 2005. "Risk sharing vs. incentives: Contract design under two-sided heterogeneity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 343-349, September.
- de Mesa, David & Webb, David C., 1992. "Efficient credit rationing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1277-1290, August.
- Legros, Patrick & Newman, Andrew, 2002. "Assortative Matching in a Non-transferable World," CEPR Discussion Papers 3469, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kamecke, U, 1989. "Non-cooperative Matching Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 423-31.
- Fátima Barros & Inés Macho-Stadler, 1998. "Competition for Managers and Product Market Efficiency," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 89-103, 03.
- Perotti, Roberto, 1996. "Redistribution and Non-consumption Smoothing in an Open Economy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 411-33, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:1903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.