A Simple Selling and Buying Procedure
For the assignment game, we anlayze the following mechanism: sellers, simultaneously, fix their prices first, then buyers, sequentially, decide which object to buy, if any, among the remaining objects. The first phase of the game determines the potential proces, while the second phase determines the actual matching. We prove that the set of subgame perfect equilibria in pure strategies in the strong sense of the mechanism coincides with the set of sellers' optimal stable outcomes when buyers use maximal strategies.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabrielle Demange & David Gale, 1985.
"The Strategy Structure of Two Sided Matching Markets,"
- Demange, Gabrielle & Gale, David, 1985. "The Strategy Structure of Two-sided Matching Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(4), pages 873-888, July.
- Crawford, Vincent P & Knoer, Elsie Marie, 1981. "Job Matching with Heterogeneous Firms and Workers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 437-450, March.
- José Alcalde Pérez & Antonio Romero-Medina, 1996.
"Simple mechanisms to implement the core of college admissions problems,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1996-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Alcalde, Jose & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 2000. "Simple Mechanisms to Implement the Core of College Admissions Problems," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 294-302, May.
- Romero-Medina, Antonio & Alcalde, J., 1999. "Simple mechanisms to implement the core of college admissions problems," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6124, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- José Alcalde, 1995.
"Implementation of Stable Solutions to Marriage Problems,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1995-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Alcalde, Jose, 1996. "Implementation of Stable Solutions to Marriage Problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 240-254, April.
- Kelso, Alexander S, Jr & Crawford, Vincent P, 1982. "Job Matching, Coalition Formation, and Gross Substitutes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1483-1504, November.
- Peraz-Castrillo, J., 1992.
"Cooperative Outcomes Through Non-Cooperative Games,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
165.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Kamecke, U, 1989. "Non-cooperative Matching Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(4), pages 423-431.
- Perry, Motty & Reny, Philip J, 1994.
"A Noncooperative View of Coalition Formation and the Core,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 795-817, July.
- Perry, M. & Rany, P., 1992. "A Non-Cooperative View of Coalition Formation and the Core," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9203, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Roth, Alvin E., 1984. "Misrepresentation and stability in the marriage problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 383-387, December.
- Serrano Roberto, 1995. "A Market to Implement the Core," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 285-294, October.
- Demange, Gabrielle & Gale, David & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1986.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 863-872, August.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1992.
Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,
in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 485-541
- Alcalde, Jose & Perez-Castrillo, David & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 1998.
"Hiring Procedures to Implement Stable Allocations,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 469-480, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:103:y:2002:i:2:p:461-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.