Median Stable Matching for College Admission
We give a simple and concise proof that so-called generalized median stable matchings are well-defined for college admissions problems. Furthermore, we discuss the fairness properties of median stable matchings and conclude with two illustrative examples of college admissions markets, the lattices of stable matchings, and the corresponding generalized median stable matchings.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27, 08005 Barcelona|
Phone: +34 93 542-1222
Fax: +34 93 542-1223
Web page: http://www.barcelonagse.eu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roth, Alvin E, 1991. "A Natural Experiment in the Organization of Entry-Level Labor Markets: Regional Markets for New Physicians and Surgeons in the United Kingdom," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 415-440, June.
- Ma, Jinpeng, 1996.
"On Randomized Matching Mechanisms,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 377-381, August.
- Roth, Alvin E., 1985. "The college admissions problem is not equivalent to the marriage problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 277-288, August.
- Roth, Alvin E & Xing, Xiaolin, 1994. "Jumping the Gun: Imperfections and Institutions Related to the Timing of Market Transactions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 992-1044, September.
- Barbera, S. & Gul, F. & Stacchetti, E., 1992.
"Generalized Median Voter Schemes and Committees,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
184.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Roth,Alvin E. & Sotomayor,Marilda A. Oliveira, 1992.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521437882, October.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1992. "Two-sided matching," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 485-541 Elsevier.
- H. Moulin, 1980. "On strategy-proofness and single peakedness," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 437-455, January.
- Roth, Alvin E & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1989. "The College Admissions Problem Revisited," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 559-70, May.
- Roth, Alvin E, 1984.
"The Evolution of the Labor Market for Medical Interns and Residents: A Case Study in Game Theory,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 991-1016, December.
- Roth, Alvin E., 1984. "The Evolution of the Labor Market for Medical Interns and Residents: A Case Study in Game Theory," Scholarly Articles 29410143, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn, 2003.
"Procedurally Fair and Stable Matching,"
36, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Roth, Alvin E & Vande Vate, John H, 1990. "Random Paths to Stability in Two-Sided Matching," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1475-80, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bge:wpaper:165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.