Third party labeling and the consumer decision process
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 1999. "Toward An Understanding Of Consumers' Perceptions Of Food Labels," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 2(01).
- Gilles Grolleau & Sandoss BenAbid, 2001. "Fair trading in markets for credence goods," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 36(4), pages 208-214, July.
- Maheswaran, Durairaj, 1994. " Country of Origin as a Stereotype: Effects of Consumer Expertise and Attribute Strength on Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 354-365, September.
- Wright, Alice A & Lynch, John G, Jr, 1995. " Communication Effects of Advertising versus Direct Experience When Both Search and Experience Attributes Are Present," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 708-718, March.
- Kardes, Frank R, 1988. " Spontaneous Inference Processes in Advertising: The Effects of Conclusion Omission and Involvement on Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 225-233, September.
- Ibanez, Lisette & Stenger, Anne, 2000. "Environment and Food Safety in Agriculture: Are Labels Efficient?," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 452-464, December.
- Simmons, Carolyn J & Lynch, John G, Jr, 1991. " Inference Effects without Inference Making? Effects of Missing Information on Discounting and Use of Presented Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 477-491, March.
- S. Salman Hussain, 2000. "Green Consumerism and Ecolabelling: A Strategic Behavioural Model," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 77-89.
More about this item
KeywordsFood labels; Protected Geograhic Indication (PGI) labels; label equity; consumer decision process;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-12-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-MKT-2008-12-07 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0891. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Haldemann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hecpafr.html .