The role of country-of-origin, ethnocentrism and animosity in promoting consumer trust. The moderating role of familiarity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chisik, Richard, 2003.
"Export industry policy and reputational comparative advantage,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 423-451, March.
- Richard Chisik, 2010. "Export Industry Policy and Reputational Comparative Advantage," Working Papers 017, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- C Min Han & Vern Terpstra, 1988. "Country-Of-Origin Effects for Uni-National and Bi-National Products," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(2), pages 235-255, June.
- Dimara, Efthalia & Petrou, Anastasia & Skuras, Dimitris, 2004. "Agricultural policy for quality and producers' evaluations of quality marketing indicators: a Greek case study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 485-506, October.
- Victor V Cordell, 1992. "Effects of Consumer Preferences for Foreign Sourced Products," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(2), pages 251-269, June.
- Kreps, David M. & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Reputation and imperfect information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 253-279, August.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Hong, Sung-Tai & Wyer, Robert S, Jr, 1989. " Effects of Country-of-Origin and Product-Attribute Information on Product Evaluation: An Information Processing Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 175-187, September.
- Gruen, Thomas W., 1995. "The outcome set of relationship marketing in consumer markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 447-469.
- Park, C Whan & Lessig, V Parker, 1981. " Familiarity and Its Impact on Consumer Decision Biases and Heuristics," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 223-230, September.
- Javalgi, Rajshekhar G. & Khare, Virginie Pioche & Gross, Andrew C. & Scherer, Robert F., 2005. "An application of the consumer ethnocentrism model to French consumers," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 325-344, June.
- Jill Gabrielle Klein, 2002. "Us Versus Them, or Us Versus Everyone? Delineating Consumer Aversion to Foreign Goods," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(2), pages 345-363, June.
- Hong, Sung-Tai & Wyer, Robert S, Jr, 1990. " Determinants of Product Evaluation: Effects of the Time Interval between Knowledge of a Product's Country of Origin and Information about Its Specific Attributes," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(3), pages 277-288, December.
- Emons, Winand, 1988. "Warranties, moral hazard, and the lemons problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 16-33, October.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Maheswaran, Durairaj, 1994. " Country of Origin as a Stereotype: Effects of Consumer Expertise and Attribute Strength on Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 354-365, September.
- Alba, Joseph W & Hutchinson, J Wesley, 1987. " Dimensions of Consumer Expertise," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 411-454, March.
- Boulding, William & Kirmani, Amna, 1993. " A Consumer-Side Experimental Examination of Signaling Theory: Do Consumers Perceive Warranties as Signals of Quality?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-123, June.
- de Ruyter, Ko & van Birgelen, Marcel & Wetzels, Martin, 1998. "Consumer ethnocentrism in international services marketing," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 185-202, April.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
More about this item
KeywordsAnimosity Country-of-origin (COO) Ethnocentrism Familiarity Reputation Trust;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:19:y:2010:i:1:p:34-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.