Analysis of the World Market for Steam Coal Using a Complementarity Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Greenhut, John G & Greenhut, M L, 1975. "Spatial Price Discrimination, Competition and Locational Effects," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(168), pages 401-419, November.
- Holz, Franziska & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Kemfert, Claudia, 2008. "A strategic model of European gas supply (GASMOD)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 766-788, May.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1979. "The Structure of World Energy Demand," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262661772, January.
- Egging, Ruud & Gabriel, Steven A. & Holz, Franziska & Zhuang, Jifang, 2008.
"A complementarity model for the European natural gas market,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2385-2414, July.
- Ruud Egging & Steven A. Gabriel & Franziska Holz & Jifang Zhuang, 2007. "A Complementarity Model for the European Natural Gas Market," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 732, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Finn Roar Aune & Rolf Golombek & Sverre Kittelsen & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2004.
"Liberalizing the energy markets of Western Europe - a computable equilibrium model approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(19), pages 2137-2149.
- Aune,F.R. & Golombek,R. & Kittelsen,S.A.C. & ..., 2001. "Liberalising the energy markets of Western Europe : a computable equilibrium model approach," Memorandum 14/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Kolstad, Charles D. & Abbey, David S., 1984. "The effect of market conduct on international steam coal trade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-59.
- Linda Warell, 2006. "Market Integration in the International Coal Industry: A Cointegration Approach," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 99-118.
- Raymond Li & Roselyne Joyeux & Ronald D. Ripple, 2010. "International Steam Coal Market Integration," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 181-202.
- Edgar M. Hoover, 1937. "Spatial Price Discrimination," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 182-191.
- Hobbs, Benjamin F, 1986. "Mill Pricing versus Spatial Price Discrimination under Bertrand and Cournot Spatial Competition," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 173-191, December.
- Yang, Chin W. & Hwang, Ming J. & Sohng, Soong N., 2002. "The Cournot competition in the spatial equilibrium model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 139-154, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Egging, Ruud, 2013. "Benders Decomposition for multi-stage stochastic mixed complementarity problems – Applied to a global natural gas market model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(2), pages 341-353.
- Berumen, Sergio A. & Pérez-Megino, Luis P., 2016. "Ranking Socioeconómico para el Desarrollo de las Regiones Carboníferas en Europa || Socioeconomic Ranking for the Development of coal-mining regions in Europe," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 21(1), pages 39-57, June.
- Raymond Li, 2012. "Imperfect competition in the international coal industry – does it matter?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 1821-1830.
- Trueby, Johannes & Paulus, Moritz, 2010. "Have Prices of Internationally Traded Steam Coal been Marginal Cost Based?," EWI Working Papers 2010-5, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- BERUMEN, Sergio A. & LLAMAZARES-REDONDO, Francisco, 2014. "Economic Development and Viability Firms in European Mining Regions," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(1), pages 33-46.
More about this item
KeywordsCoal; energy; market structure; simulation model;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
- C69 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2008-09-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2008-09-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2008-09-29 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp818. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .