Integrating Intermittent Renewable Wind Generation: A Stochastic Multi-Market Electricity Model for the European Electricity Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jan Abrell & Friedrich Kunz, 2015. "Integrating Intermittent Renewable Wind Generation - A Stochastic Multi-Market Electricity Model for the European Electricity Market," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 117-147, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- van der Weijde, Adriaan Hendrik & Hobbs, Benjamin F., 2012. "The economics of planning electricity transmission to accommodate renewables: Using two-stage optimisation to evaluate flexibility and the cost of disregarding uncertainty," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2089-2101.
- Bahmani-Firouzi, Bahman & Farjah, Ebrahim & Azizipanah-Abarghooee, Rasoul, 2013. "An efficient scenario-based and fuzzy self-adaptive learning particle swarm optimization approach for dynamic economic emission dispatch considering load and wind power uncertainties," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 232-244.
- Wang, J. & Botterud, A. & Bessa, R. & Keko, H. & Carvalho, L. & Issicaba, D. & Sumaili, J. & Miranda, V., 2011. "Wind power forecasting uncertainty and unit commitment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4014-4023.
- Neuhoff, Karsten & Barquin, Julian & Bialek, Janusz W. & Boyd, Rodney & Dent, Chris J. & Echavarren, Francisco & Grau, Thilo & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Kunz, Friedrich & Nabe, 2013.
"Renewable electric energy integration: Quantifying the value of design of markets for international transmission capacity,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 760-772.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Rodney Boyd & Thilo Grau & Julian Barquin & Francisco Echavarren & Janusz Bialek & Chris Dent & Christian von Hirschhausen & Benjamin Hobbs & Friedrich Kunz & Hannes Weigt & Christia, 2011. "Renewable Electric Energy Integration: Quantifying the Value of Design of Markets for International Transmission Capacity," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1166, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tuohy, Aidan & Meibom, Peter & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2009. "Unit commitment for systems with significant wind penetration," MPRA Paper 34849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan Abrell & Hannes Weigt, 2012. "Combining Energy Networks," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 377-401, September.
- Friedrich Kunz, 2013. "Improving Congestion Management: How to Facilitate the Integration of Renewable Generation in Germany," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Helga Habis & Dávid Csercsik, 2015.
"Cooperation with Externalities and Uncertainty,"
Networks and Spatial Economics,
Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Helga Habis & David Csercsik, 2012. "Cooperation with Externalities and Uncertainty," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1229, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Habis , Helga & Csercsik, Dávid, 2012. "Cooperation with Externalities and Uncertainty," Working Papers 2012:27, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Florian Leuthold & Hannes Weigt & Christian Hirschhausen, 2012. "A Large-Scale Spatial Optimization Model of the European Electricity Market," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 75-107, March.
- Mel Devine & James Gleeson & John Kinsella & David Ramsey, 2014. "A Rolling Optimisation Model of the UK Natural Gas Market," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 209-244, June.
- Leuthold, Florian & Jeske, Till & Weigt, Hannes & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2009. "When the Wind Blows Over Europe: A Simulation Analysis and the Impact of Grid Extensions," MPRA Paper 65655, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Traber, Thure & Kemfert, Claudia, 2011.
"Gone with the wind? -- Electricity market prices and incentives to invest in thermal power plants under increasing wind energy supply,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 249-256, March.
- Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2009. "Gone with the Wind?: Electricity Market Prices and Incentives to Invest in Thermal Power Plants under Increasing Wind Energy Supply," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 852, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Stein W. Wallace & Stein-Erik Fleten, 2002. "Stochastic programming in energy," GE, Growth, Math methods 0201001, EconWPA, revised 13 Nov 2003.
- Hannes Weigt & Jan Abrell, 2012. "Storage and Investments in a Combined Energy Network Model," EcoMod2012 4319, EcoMod.
- Giorgia Oggioni & Yves Smeers & Elisabetta Allevi & Siegfried Schaible, 2012. "A Generalized Nash Equilibrium Model of Market Coupling in the European Power System," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 503-560, December.
- Möst, Dominik & Keles, Dogan, 2010. "A survey of stochastic modelling approaches for liberalised electricity markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 543-556, December.
- Weigt, Hannes & Jeske, Till & Leuthold, Florian & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2010. ""Take the long way down": Integration of large-scale North Sea wind using HVDC transmission," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3164-3173, July.
- Delarue, Erik & D'haeseleer, William, 2008. "Adaptive mixed-integer programming unit commitment strategy for determining the value of forecasting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(4), pages 171-181, April.
- Spiecker, Stephan & Weber, Christoph, 2014. "The future of the European electricity system and the impact of fluctuating renewable energy – A scenario analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 185-197.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:116:y:2018:i:c:p:198-209 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:netspa:v:17:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11067-016-9336-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clemens Gerbaulet & Casimir Lorenz, 2017. "dynELMOD: A Dynamic Investment and Dispatch Model for the Future European Electricity Market," Data Documentation 88, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Salehizadeh, Mohammad Reza & Soltaniyan, Salman, 2016. "Application of fuzzy Q-learning for electricity market modeling by considering renewable power penetration," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1172-1181.
- repec:eee:energy:v:150:y:2018:i:c:p:992-1005 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aen:journl:ej37-si3-zerrahn is not listed on IDEAS
- Mulder, Machiel & Scholtens, Bert, 2016. "A plant-level analysis of the spill-over effects of the German Energiewende," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1259-1271.
- Han, Jinil & Papavasiliou, Anthony, 2015. "Congestion management through topological corrections: A case study of Central Western Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 470-482.
- Friedrich Kunz & Alexander Zerrahn, 2016. "Coordinating Cross-Country Congestion Management," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1551, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jonas Egerer, 2016. "Open Source Electricity Model for Germany (ELMOD-DE)," Data Documentation 83, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:kap:netspa:v:17:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11067-017-9338-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aen:journl:ej37-si3-egerer is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Liang & Kettunen, Janne, 2017. "Is certainty in carbon policy better than uncertainty?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(1), pages 230-243.
- Alexander Zerrahn, 2017. "Wind Power: Mitigated and Imposed External Costs and Other Indirect Economic Effects," DIW Roundup: Politik im Fokus 111, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity; Unit Commitment; Stochasticity; Renewable Energy;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-06-04 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2013-06-04 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2013-06-04 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .