"Take the long way down": Integration of large-scale North Sea wind using HVDC transmission
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Butler, Lucy & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2008.
"Comparison of feed-in tariff, quota and auction mechanisms to support wind power development,"
Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1854-1867.
- Butler, L. & Neuhoff, K., 2005. "Comparison of Feed in Tariff, Quota and Auction Mechanisms to Support Wind Power Development," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0503, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Klessmann, Corinna & Nabe, Christian & Burges, Karsten, 2008. "Pros and cons of exposing renewables to electricity market risks--A comparison of the market integration approaches in Germany, Spain, and the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3646-3661, October.
- Hogan, William W, 1992. "Contract Networks for Electric Power Transmission," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 211-242, September.
- Leuthold, Florian & Weigt, Hannes & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2008. "Efficient pricing for European electricity networks - The theory of nodal pricing applied to feeding-in wind in Germany," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 284-291, December.
- Richard Green, 2007. "Nodal pricing of electricity: how much does it cost to get it wrong?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 125-149, April.
- Bentzen, Jan & Engsted, Tom, 1993. "Short- and long-run elasticities in energy demand : A cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 9-16, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hiroux, C. & Saguan, M., 2010. "Large-scale wind power in European electricity markets: Time for revisiting support schemes and market designs?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3135-3145, July.
- Neuhoff, Karsten & Barquin, Julian & Bialek, Janusz W. & Boyd, Rodney & Dent, Chris J. & Echavarren, Francisco & Grau, Thilo & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Kunz, Friedrich & Nabe, 2013.
"Renewable electric energy integration: Quantifying the value of design of markets for international transmission capacity,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 760-772.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Rodney Boyd & Thilo Grau & Julian Barquin & Francisco Echavarren & Janusz Bialek & Chris Dent & Christian von Hirschhausen & Benjamin Hobbs & Friedrich Kunz & Hannes Weigt & Christia, 2011. "Renewable Electric Energy Integration: Quantifying the Value of Design of Markets for International Transmission Capacity," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1166, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bertsch, Joachim & Hagspiel, Simeon & Just, Lisa, 2016. "Congestion management in power systems - Long-term modeling framework and large-scale application," EWI Working Papers 2015-3, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Pär Holmberg and Ewa Lazarczyk, 2015. "Comparison of congestion management techniques: Nodal, zonal and discriminatory pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Triolo, Ryan C. & Wolak, Frank A., 2022. "Quantifying the benefits of a nodal market design in the Texas electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Holmberg, P. & Lazarczyk, E., 2012.
"Congestion management in electricity networks: Nodal, zonal and discriminatory pricing,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1219, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Holmberg, Pär & Lazarczyk, Ewa, 2012. "Congestion Management in Electricity Networks: Nodal, Zonal and Discriminatory Pricing," Working Paper Series 915, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Pär Holmberg & Ewa Lazarczyk, 2012. "Congestion management in electricity networks: Nodal, zonal and discriminatory pricing," Working Papers EPRG 1209, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Joachim Bertsch & Simeon Hagspiel & Lisa Just, 2016. "Congestion management in power systems," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 290-327, December.
- Bjørndal, Endre & Bjørndal, Mette & Gribkovskaia, Victoria, 2014. "A Nodal Pricing Model for the Nordic Electricity Market," Discussion Papers 2014/43, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Leuthold, Florian & Jeske, Till & Weigt, Hannes & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2009. "When the Wind Blows Over Europe: A Simulation Analysis and the Impact of Grid Extensions," MPRA Paper 65655, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shahriyar Nasirov & Carlos Silva & Claudio A. Agostini, 2015. "Investors’ Perspectives on Barriers to the Deployment of Renewable Energy Sources in Chile," Energies, MDPI, vol. 8(5), pages 1-21, April.
- Paul Simshauser & Farhad Billimoria & Craig Rogers, 2021.
"Optimising VRE plant capacity in Renewable Energy Zones,"
EPRG2121, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Simshauser, P. & Billimoria, F. & Rogers, C., 2021. "Optimising VRE Plant Capacity in Renewable Energy Zones," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 2164, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Klessmann, Corinna & Held, Anne & Rathmann, Max & Ragwitz, Mario, 2011. "Status and perspectives of renewable energy policy and deployment in the European Union—What is needed to reach the 2020 targets?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7637-7657.
- Vijayanarasimha Hindupur Pakka & Richard Mark Rylatt, 2016. "Design and Analysis of Electrical Distribution Networks and Balancing Markets in the UK: A New Framework with Applications," Energies, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-20, February.
- Dijk, Justin & Willems, Bert, 2011.
"The effect of counter-trading on competition in electricity markets,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1764-1773, March.
- Dijk, J. & Willems, Bert, 2011. "The effect of counter-trading on competition in electricity markets," Other publications TiSEM 4bcaff5c-737d-44c7-af8a-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ross, S.J. & McHenry, M.P. & Whale, J., 2012. "The impact of state feed-in tariffs and federal tradable quota support policies on grid-connected small wind turbine installed capacity in Australia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 141-147.
- Simshauser, Paul, 2021.
"Renewable Energy Zones in Australia's National Electricity Market,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C).
- Paul Simshauser, 2021. "Renewable Energy Zones in Australia’s National Electricity Market," Working Papers EPRG2103, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Petropoulos, Georgios & Willems, Bert, 2020. "Long-term transmission rights and dynamic efficiency," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C).
- del Río, Pablo & Tarancón, Miguel-Ángel, 2012. "Analysing the determinants of on-shore wind capacity additions in the EU: An econometric study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 12-21.
- Darudi, Ali & Weigt, Hannes, 2019. "Renewable Support, Intermittency and Market Power: An Equilibrium Investment Approach," Working papers 2019/06, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Grimm, Veronika & Rückel, Bastian & Sölch, Christian & Zöttl, Gregor, 2021. "The impact of market design on transmission and generation investment in electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C).
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy Congestion management HVDC connections;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:7:p:3164-3173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.