Earnings and Caste: An Evaluation of Caste Wage Differentials in the Nepalese Labour Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ram Mainali & Saqib Jafarey & Gabriel Montes-Rojas, 2017. "Earnings and Caste: An Evaluation of Caste Wage Differentials in the Nepalese Labour Market," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(3), pages 396-421, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmidt, Christoph M & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 1991. "Work Characteristics, Firm Size and Wages," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 705-710, November.
- Altonji, Joseph G. & Blank, Rebecca M., 1999. "Race and gender in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 48, pages 3143-3259, Elsevier.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pc:p:3143-3259 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Firpo, Sergio, 2011. "Decomposition Methods in Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 1, pages 1-102, Elsevier.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Timothy Hinks & Duncan Watson, 2001. "A multinomial logit nondiscriminatory approach to estimating racial wage and occupational discrimination," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 605-612.
- Phelps, Edmund S, 1972. "The Statistical Theory of Racism and Sexism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 659-661, September.
- Pablo Fajnzylber & William F. Maloney & Gabriel V. Montes-Rojas, 2009. "Releasing Constraints to Growth or Pushing on a String? Policies and Performance of Mexican Micro-Firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 1027-1047, August.
- Brown, Charles & Medoff, James, 1989. "The Employer Size-Wage Effect," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1027-1059, October.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "Long-Run Convergence of Ethnic Skill Differentials: The Children and Grandchildren of the Great Migration," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(4), pages 553-573, July.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Banerjee, Biswajit & Knight, J. B., 1985. "Caste discrimination in the Indian urban labour market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 277-307, April.
- William A. Darity & Patrick L. Mason, 1998. "Evidence on Discrimination in Employment: Codes of Color, Codes of Gender," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 63-90, Spring.
- Paul Hettler, 2007. "The Decomposition of Firm-size Wage Differentials," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 477-486, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chakravarty, Shubha & Lundberg, Mattias & Nikolov, Plamen & Zenker, Juliane, 2019.
"Vocational training programs and youth labor market outcomes: Evidence from Nepal,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 71-110.
- Shubha Chakravarty & Mattias Lundberg & Plamen Nikolov & Juliane Zenker, 2017. "Vocational Training Programs and Youth Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from Nepal," Working Papers 2017-056, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Shubha Chakravarty & Mattias Lundberg & Plamen Nikolov & Juliane Zenker, 2019. "Vocational training programs and youth labor market outcomes: Evidence from Nepal," Framed Field Experiments 00678, The Field Experiments Website.
- Eline D'Haene & Sam Desiere & Marijke D'Haese & Wim Verbeke & Koen Schoors, 2019. "Religion, Food Choices And Demand Seasonality: Evidence From The Ethiopian Milk Market," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 19/969, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor Market Discrimination; Caste; Ethnicity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cty:dpaper:15/13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Research Publications Librarian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decituk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.